Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Brady Skjei to ATO
HARTFORD, April 1, 2015: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed defenseman Brady Skjei to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement.
Skjei, who comes to the Wolf Pack after three years at the University of Minnesota, was selected by the parent New York Rangers in the first round (28th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The 6-3, 206-pound Lakeville, MN native helped lead the Gophers to a Big Ten championship this season, skating in 33 games and registering one goal and nine assists for ten points, along with a +7 rating and 32 penalty minutes. His assist total, a collegiate career high, was good for a tie for third among team defensemen.
The 21-year-old Skjei logged 109 career games of action during his tenure with the University of Minnesota, totaling eight goals and 19 assists for 27 points, plus 76 PIM and a +33.
The Wolf Pack are back in action tonight in Wilkes-Barre, PA, battling the Penguins in a 7:05 PM game. All of the action of that skirmish can be heard live on Fox Sports Radio 1410, and on-line at www.foxsportsradio1410.com and iHeartRadio. Video streaming is available at www.ahllive.com.
The Wolf Pack's next home game is this Friday, April 3, when the Syracuse Crunch invade the XL Center for a 7:00 game. As at all Friday-night Wolf Pack games, fans can enjoy $1 hot dogs and $2 beers through the start of the second period.
Tickets for all remaining 2014-15 Wolf Pack home games are now on sale at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Wolf Pack tickets start as low as $12 for youth 12 years old or younger.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2015
- Stars Offense Blows out Flames in 7-4 Win - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Magic Number at Two After 6-1 Roasting of 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Clinch 2015 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Senators Snatch 3-2 OT Win, Delay Crunch Clinching Playoff Spot - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Win 3-2 in OT vs. Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Stay Undefeated against Norfolk - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Uher, Dumoulin Lead Penguins Past Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Drop Fifth Straight to Phantoms, 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Kick off Road Trip with 6th Straight Win in 3-2 Shootout Victory - Worcester Sharks
- Pack Can't Hold off Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Eighth Straight Win Vaults Comets to West's Top Spot - Utica Comets
- Monsters Fall to Admirals 3-2 in OT - Cleveland Monsters
- Albany Devils Winning Streak Ends - Albany Devils
- Sharks Come Back, Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wideman's OT Strike Lifts B-Sens Past Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Push Winning Streak to Six - Chicago Wolves
- Mersch Stays Hot in 2-1 Win over Devils - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage to Host Face off against Kids Cancer Night on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Brady Skjei to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Recall Tony Turgeon from Allen - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Foundation Donates over $12,000 to Juravinski Cancer Centre - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with D Michael Matheson - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Playoff Tickets on Sale at 11 a.m. Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers fall on Spring Fun 102 Day - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Reassign Dea to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens to Host 1st Annual Career Fair - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Comeback to Down Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Agozzino Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Cleveland Monsters
- Murray Earns Second Straight CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month Honors - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Friday Is Deadline for Priority Access for Season Tickets - St. John's IceCaps
- Agozzino, Mersch, Murray Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Rattie Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Sign Matthew Peca to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Beach and Chelios Head to ECHL - Chicago Wolves
- Predators Reassign Arvidsson to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers, CRVA to Hold Open Skate at Bojangles' Coliseum - Charlotte Checkers
- April Is IceCaps Fan Appreciation Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals to Build New Hockey Arena - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Defenseman K'Andre Miller