Beach and Chelios Head to ECHL
The Chicago Wolves announced Wednesday that right wing CODY BEACH has been reassigned from the Wolves to the Alaska Aces (ECHL) and defenseman JAKE CHELIOS has been returned on loan to the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL).
The 22-year-old BEACH was reassigned by St. Louis (NHL) to the Aces. He has posted nine points (2G, 7A) in 39 games with Chicago this season, leading the team and tied for second in the American Hockey League with 203 penalty minutes.
The Kelowna, B.C., native has accrued 27 points (9G, 18A) and 383 penalty minutes in 96 career AHL games with Peoria (2012-13) and Chicago (2013-15). He has compiled 12 points (4G, 8A) and 95 penalty minutes in 31 ECHL games with Evansville (2012-13) and Kalamazoo (2013-14).
BEACH was selected by St. Louis with its sixth selection, 134th overall, in the fifth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The 24-year-old CHELIOS is in his first full season as a professional and has contributed 15 points (G, 14A) and 32 penalty minutes in 41 games with the Wolves. He posted one assist and four penalty minutes in four games with Chicago late last season, his first foray into the pro ranks following a four-year collegiate career at Michigan State University.
The Bloomfield Hills, Mich., native returns to the K-Wings for his second stint of 2014-15, having registered two points (G, A) and a +3 plus/minus rating in two games in mid-February. In total he has compiled four points (2G, 2A) and two penalty minutes in nine ECHL games with Toledo (2013-14) and Kalamazoo (2014-15).
The Wolves head north this week for a set of road games in Toronto on Wednesday and Hamilton on Thursday before returning home Saturday for a 7 p.m. tilt against the Texas Stars. For tickets, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit ChicagoWolves.com.
Images from this story
Cody Beach of the Chicago Wolves
(Ross Dettman/Chicago Wolves)
Jake Chelios of the Chicago Wolves
(Ross Dettman/Chicago Wolves)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2015
- Stars Offense Blows out Flames in 7-4 Win - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Magic Number at Two After 6-1 Roasting of 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Clinch 2015 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Senators Snatch 3-2 OT Win, Delay Crunch Clinching Playoff Spot - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Win 3-2 in OT vs. Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Stay Undefeated against Norfolk - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Uher, Dumoulin Lead Penguins Past Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Drop Fifth Straight to Phantoms, 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Kick off Road Trip with 6th Straight Win in 3-2 Shootout Victory - Worcester Sharks
- Pack Can't Hold off Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Eighth Straight Win Vaults Comets to West's Top Spot - Utica Comets
- Monsters Fall to Admirals 3-2 in OT - Cleveland Monsters
- Albany Devils Winning Streak Ends - Albany Devils
- Sharks Come Back, Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wideman's OT Strike Lifts B-Sens Past Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Push Winning Streak to Six - Chicago Wolves
- Mersch Stays Hot in 2-1 Win over Devils - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage to Host Face off against Kids Cancer Night on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Brady Skjei to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Recall Tony Turgeon from Allen - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Foundation Donates over $12,000 to Juravinski Cancer Centre - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with D Michael Matheson - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Playoff Tickets on Sale at 11 a.m. Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers fall on Spring Fun 102 Day - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Reassign Dea to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens to Host 1st Annual Career Fair - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Comeback to Down Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Agozzino Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Cleveland Monsters
- Murray Earns Second Straight CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month Honors - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Friday Is Deadline for Priority Access for Season Tickets - St. John's IceCaps
- Agozzino, Mersch, Murray Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Rattie Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Sign Matthew Peca to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Beach and Chelios Head to ECHL - Chicago Wolves
- Predators Reassign Arvidsson to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers, CRVA to Hold Open Skate at Bojangles' Coliseum - Charlotte Checkers
- April Is IceCaps Fan Appreciation Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals to Build New Hockey Arena - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.