Bulldogs Foundation Donates over $12,000 to Juravinski Cancer Centre
HAMILTON, ONT. - The Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club and the Bulldogs Foundation announced today the Foundation has donated $12,100 to the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation through funds raised during the team's Pink in the Rink Night on Feb. 13, sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart.
The Bulldogs Foundation ran several in-game fundraising initiatives, including mystery pucks and commemorative team-autographed pink stick sales. All proceeds from these elements as well as the online jersey and stick auction were donated to the cause. The auction items included game-worn and game-ready commemorative Bulldogs' Pink in the Rink jerseys and sticks from the Feb. 13 game versus the Toronto Marlies.
The Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation is a registered charitable organization focused on raising funds to support capital redevelopment projects, purchase medical equipment and invest in research and education to enable quality care for patients throughout south-central Ontario who rely on the specialized cancer and orthopedic care offered at Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre.
The Bulldogs Foundation was established in 2007. The mission of the Foundation is to enrich the lives of children and youth in the Greater Hamilton Area through cash donations, gifts in kind and the assignment of tickets. By doing so, the Foundation aims to promote the creativity of interactive programs involving education, physical fitness and personal well-being. The main purpose of the Foundation is to strengthen and broaden the base of the Hamilton Bulldogs community support by providing funds to non-profit community groups and by supporting educational and community programs. For more information about the Bulldogs Foundation, visit www.bulldogsfoundation.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2015
- Stars Offense Blows out Flames in 7-4 Win - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Magic Number at Two After 6-1 Roasting of 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Clinch 2015 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Senators Snatch 3-2 OT Win, Delay Crunch Clinching Playoff Spot - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Win 3-2 in OT vs. Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Stay Undefeated against Norfolk - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Uher, Dumoulin Lead Penguins Past Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Drop Fifth Straight to Phantoms, 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Kick off Road Trip with 6th Straight Win in 3-2 Shootout Victory - Worcester Sharks
- Pack Can't Hold off Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Eighth Straight Win Vaults Comets to West's Top Spot - Utica Comets
- Monsters Fall to Admirals 3-2 in OT - Cleveland Monsters
- Albany Devils Winning Streak Ends - Albany Devils
- Sharks Come Back, Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wideman's OT Strike Lifts B-Sens Past Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Push Winning Streak to Six - Chicago Wolves
- Mersch Stays Hot in 2-1 Win over Devils - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage to Host Face off against Kids Cancer Night on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Brady Skjei to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Recall Tony Turgeon from Allen - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Foundation Donates over $12,000 to Juravinski Cancer Centre - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with D Michael Matheson - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Playoff Tickets on Sale at 11 a.m. Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers fall on Spring Fun 102 Day - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Reassign Dea to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens to Host 1st Annual Career Fair - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Comeback to Down Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Agozzino Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Cleveland Monsters
- Murray Earns Second Straight CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month Honors - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Friday Is Deadline for Priority Access for Season Tickets - St. John's IceCaps
- Agozzino, Mersch, Murray Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Rattie Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Sign Matthew Peca to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Beach and Chelios Head to ECHL - Chicago Wolves
- Predators Reassign Arvidsson to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers, CRVA to Hold Open Skate at Bojangles' Coliseum - Charlotte Checkers
- April Is IceCaps Fan Appreciation Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals to Build New Hockey Arena - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.