Agozzino Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Lake Erie Monsters left wing Andrew Agozzino has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for March.
Agozzino recorded eight goals and 13 assists for 21 points in 13 games during the month, including a 12-game scoring streak that established a new franchise record.
Agozzino had a goal and two assists in Lake Erie's 4-3 overtime win over Chicago on Mar. 6, his first of six multiple-point games on the month, and his goal on Mar. 8 was the only offense in a 1-0 victory to sweep the two-game set with the Wolves. Agozzino recorded a pair of assists to help the Monsters past San Antonio, 4-0, on Mar. 13, and he registered his first career hat trick as part of a four-point performance as Lake Erie defeated Charlotte, 5-1, on Mar. 29. Agozzino closed out the month by scoring in regulation and then assisting on the overtime winner in a 2-1 victory over Milwaukee on Mar. 31.
Sparked by Agozzino's offense, Lake Erie went 7-4-1-1 in March and closed to within three points of eighth place in the Western Conference.
A third-year pro, Agozzino has scored a career-high 23 goals and added 29 assists for 52 points in 65 games with Lake Erie this season. He also made his NHL debut earlier this season, earning an assist in his only appearance with Colorado on Nov. 22. Agozzino, an AHL All-Star as a rookie in 2013, has totaled 60 goals and 93 assists for 153 points in 218 career AHL games and is the Monsters franchise career leader in all three offensive categories. The 24-year-old native of Kleinburg, Ont., was originally signed as a free agent by the Avalanche on Mar. 22, 2013.
In recognition of his achievement, Agozzino will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Monsters home game.
Images from this story
Andrew Agozzino of the Lake Erie Monsters
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2015
- Stars Offense Blows out Flames in 7-4 Win - Texas Stars
- Griffins' Magic Number at Two After 6-1 Roasting of 'Hogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Clinch 2015 Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Utica Comets
- Senators Snatch 3-2 OT Win, Delay Crunch Clinching Playoff Spot - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Win 3-2 in OT vs. Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Stay Undefeated against Norfolk - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Uher, Dumoulin Lead Penguins Past Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Drop Fifth Straight to Phantoms, 3-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Kick off Road Trip with 6th Straight Win in 3-2 Shootout Victory - Worcester Sharks
- Pack Can't Hold off Pens - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Eighth Straight Win Vaults Comets to West's Top Spot - Utica Comets
- Monsters Fall to Admirals 3-2 in OT - Cleveland Monsters
- Albany Devils Winning Streak Ends - Albany Devils
- Sharks Come Back, Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Wideman's OT Strike Lifts B-Sens Past Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Wolves Push Winning Streak to Six - Chicago Wolves
- Mersch Stays Hot in 2-1 Win over Devils - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage to Host Face off against Kids Cancer Night on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Brady Skjei to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rampage Recall Tony Turgeon from Allen - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Foundation Donates over $12,000 to Juravinski Cancer Centre - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with D Michael Matheson - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Playoff Tickets on Sale at 11 a.m. Friday - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers fall on Spring Fun 102 Day - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Reassign Dea to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens to Host 1st Annual Career Fair - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Comeback to Down Sound Tigers, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Agozzino Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Cleveland Monsters
- Murray Earns Second Straight CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month Honors - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Friday Is Deadline for Priority Access for Season Tickets - St. John's IceCaps
- Agozzino, Mersch, Murray Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Rattie Recalled from Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Sign Matthew Peca to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Beach and Chelios Head to ECHL - Chicago Wolves
- Predators Reassign Arvidsson to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers, CRVA to Hold Open Skate at Bojangles' Coliseum - Charlotte Checkers
- April Is IceCaps Fan Appreciation Month - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals to Build New Hockey Arena - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Justin Scott, Dillon Simpson, Brad Thiessen to AHL Contracts