Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (21-22) get revenge, taking down the Texas Legends (24-19), 117-111, on Sunday afternoon to remain 1.5 games behind the Sioux Falls Skyforce for the final Western Conference playoff spot.
After a low-scoring first half that saw both teams shoot under 40 percent from the field and a 48-47 Legends advantage, the Clippers shot 56.5 percent from the field and forced five turnovers to take an 85-76 lead into the final frame. From there, Agua Caliente was able to hang onto the crucial victory despite allowing Texas to shoot 51 percent from the field in the second half.
Markel Crawford's 24 points for the Clippers led all scorers. Mfiondu Kabengele added a huge 18-point, 16-rebound double-double.
Cameron Payne led the Legends with a double-double of 22 points and 10 assists.
The Clippers continue their playoff push on Tuesday when they host the cross-town rival South Bay Lakers. The ballgame is slated to tip-off at 7 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2020
- Legends Split Series with Clippers - Texas Legends
- Drive Drop Tough One to Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-112 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro - Long Island Nets
- Cavaliers Sign Sheldon Mac to 10-Day Contract - Cleveland Charge
- Blue Coats Fall to Magic, Magette at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter - Memphis Hustle
- How Women Became Embedded in the Framework of Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Near Triple-Doubles Not Enough for Maine - Maine Celtics
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112 - Windy City Bulls
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Falls to Kings in Stockton - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Fall in Sioux Falls, Drop Fourth Straight Game - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Scrubb's 36 Leads Clippers Past Stars
- Clips Snap Losing Streak Behind Boston's Career Night
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center
- LAC Duo Shines again as Caliente Fall to Blue
- Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night