Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118
Stockton, Calif. - Tonight, The Stockton Kings (23-19), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the South Bay Lakers (18-24), the NBA G League of the Los Angeles Lakers, by a score of 126-118. Stockton guard Kyle Guy had a game-high 32 points.
Stockton took a strong lead just under the six-minute mark of the first quarter, going on an 11-0 run. They lead by as much as 13 with two minutes remaining in the quarter. Stockton led 37-27 at the end of the quarter. In the second quarter, South Bay outscored Stockton 33-18. South Bay led 60-55, heading into the second half.
In the first half, Guy scored 20 of his 32 points, shooting 6-of-10 from the field and 3-of-4 from three-point range. South Bay forward Reggie Heard scored 12 of his 15 points.
In the third quarter, Stockton forward Robert Franks scored 12 of his 27 points, shooting 4-of-6 from the field. Stockton outrebounded South Bay 18-8. Stockton finished ahead 93-88 at the end of the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, Stockton grew their lead to as much as 15, their biggest lead of the night with under three minutes remaining in regulation. They kept their lead and came out with a 126-118 win over South Bay.
South Bay forward Devontae Cacok led his team in scoring with 27 points and a game-high 15 rebounds. Guard David Stockton added 20 points and four assists.
Guy led Stockton in scoring with 32 points shooting 10-of-23 from the field and 5-of-11 from three-point range. He also added 13 assists and seven rebounds. Forward Franks finished with 27 points, nine rebounds and three assists. Center Eric Mika posted a double-double with 15 points and ten rebounds.
The Stockton Kings will play their next five games at home. They will host the Oklahoma City Blue on Wednesday, March 11, at 7 p.m. On Friday, March 13, they will host the Austin Spurs for "Hella Stockton" night as they celebrate the City of Stockton. The first 2,500 fans will get a free Gabe Flores bobblehead.
Tickets can be purchased at StocktonKings.com/Tickets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2020
- Legends Split Series with Clippers - Texas Legends
- Drive Drop Tough One to Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-112 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro - Long Island Nets
- Cavaliers Sign Sheldon Mac to 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Fall to Magic, Magette at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter - Memphis Hustle
- How Women Became Embedded in the Framework of Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Near Triple-Doubles Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112 - Windy City Bulls
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Falls to Kings in Stockton - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Fall in Sioux Falls, Drop Fourth Straight Game - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.