Blue Coats Fall to Magic, Magette at Home
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (21-21), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Lakeland Magic (24-17), 129-116, on Sunday afternoon at 76ers Fieldhouse. Zhaire Smith, on assignment from the 76ers, posted a G League career-high 24 points (10-12 fg, 2-3 3fg, 1-2 ft) with two rebounds and two assists in 34 minutes for the Blue Coats.
Jared Brownridge scored 19 of his team-high 27 points (9-17 fg, 7-13 3fg, 1-1 ft) in the first half for Delaware. Today's performance was Brownridge's fourth game of the season--and his 10th overall dating back to last season--with seven 3-point field goals made.
76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok tallied 26 points (11-21 fg, 3-7 3fg, 1-1 ft), eight rebounds and a season-high-tying seven assists in a team-high 37 minutes for the Blue Coats.
The Blue Coats trailed 65-63 at halftime, and were outscored 30-19 in the third quarter. Lakeland began the second half with an 11-0 run. The visitors converted 17 of their 20 free-throw attempts (.850) in the contest.
Lakeland's Josh Magette posted a career-high 38 points (10-18 fg, 7-13 3fg, 7-7 ft) in a double-double performance that also included 11 assists in 36 minutes of action. Philadelphia native Amile Jefferson notched his sixth consecutive double-double with 31 points (11-18 fg, 7-8 ft) and 16 rebounds in 37 minutes for the Magic. Hassani Gravett (14 points) was a game-high plus-23 in a game-high 38 minutes.
The Blue Coats return to action on Wednesday at 11 a.m. against the Maine Red Claws at 76ers Fieldhouse.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 8, 2020
- Legends Split Series with Clippers - Texas Legends
- Drive Drop Tough One to Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Defeat Wolves, 115-112 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro - Long Island Nets
- Cavaliers Sign Sheldon Mac to 10-Day Contract - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Fall to Magic, Magette at Home - Delaware Blue Coats
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter - Memphis Hustle
- How Women Became Embedded in the Framework of Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Near Triple-Doubles Not Enough for Maine - Maine Red Claws
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112 - Windy City Bulls
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Falls to Kings in Stockton - South Bay Lakers
- Hustle Fall in Sioux Falls, Drop Fourth Straight Game - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- 76ers Fieldhouse to 'Light It Blue' for Illuminate Delaware
- Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign
- Q&A with Haywood Highsmith: Coat Check Podcast
- Nemours Children's Health System Seeks PPE & Cleaning Supply Donations
- ChristianaCare Seeks Blue Coats Fans' Support in COVID-19 Fight