Wilson Homers Twice in An 8-5 Loss at Harrisburg
Harrisburg, PA - The Harrisburg Senators (10-17) scored five times in the sixth inning to rally back for an 8-5 win over the Portland Sea Dogs (13-16) on Friday night at FNB Field. Portland had their three-game winning streak snapped, but are 3-2 on the trip.
RHP Jacob Condra-Bogan (5-4) retired all five batters to earn the win, and RHP Eduard Bazardo (1-1) suffered the loss for Portland. RHP Aaron Barrett worked around a one-out hit in the ninth inning to earn his 19th save of the season.
Offense arrived early for both teams, exchanging runs in the second inning. Wilson hit the first pitch of the second inning for a homer and Harrisburg's Austin Davidson tied the game with a single.
Portland scored four times in the third inning off Jackson Tetreault (ND). Joey Curletta knocked in the go-ahead run with a sacrifice fly, and Wilson nailed a three-run homer entirely out of FNB Field.
Harrisburg would score seven unanswered runs with two off Bryan Mata in the third and five in the sixth inning. Mata worked four innings, giving up seven hits, three runs, two walks, and six strikeouts.
The Senators scored five times, picking up seven hits against Eduard Bazardo (L, 1-1). Harrisburg had six straight hits to start the sixth inning against Bazardo. Austin Davidson, Michael A. Taylor, Luis Garcia, Adrian Sanchez, and Dante Bichette Jr each knocked in a run.
Kevin Lenik went hitless over 2.2 innings for the Sea Dogs, matching a season-high with four strikeouts. C.J. Chatham, Joey Curletta, Tate Matheny, and Wilson each had two hits for Portland.
The Sea Dogs and Harrisburg Senators (Nationals affiliate) continue their four-game set on Saturday night with a 6:00 PM start at FNB Field. LHP Daniel McGrath (2-0, 1.80) makes his 20th appearance of the season. Harrisburg has yet to name their starter.
Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 5:45 PM with the Ravin Family Dental Pre-Game Show. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Portland's next homestand is July 22-28. Tickets are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine-inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Offense Erupts in 11-3 Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Bludgeoned, 11-3, in Bowie - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Win Sixth Straight, Down Squirrels in 10 - Erie SeaWolves
- Yard Goats Holder Puts Hold on Trenton Batters - Hartford Yard Goats
- Senators Overcome 5-1 Margin in 8-5 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Ponies Fall Short against Ducks in Akron - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins Take Two from Cats, 6-4 and 3-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Wilson Homers Twice in An 8-5 Loss at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Big Triple Helps Stop RubberDucks's Skid - Akron RubberDucks
- Pork Roll Chopped in 2-0 Loss to Yard Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #95 Rumble Ponies (13-16) at Akron RubberDucks (8-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 19th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Newman-Kramer Bobble, Yinzers and Fireworks Headline Next Homestand at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.