Pork Roll Chopped in 2-0 Loss to Yard Goats
The Thunder Pork Roll offense sputtered for a second straight night, managing just one hit in a 2-0 loss to the Hartford Yard Goats in front of a Friday night crowd of 6,484 at ARM & HAMMER Park.
Hartford starter Heath Holder (6-2) dominated in a career-high seven innings, holding the Pork Roll (12-17, 50-44) hitless until a one-out single in the sixth inning by Kyle Holder.
Mylz Jones provided the only offense that the Yard Goats (14-14, 51-44) would need, homering off the left-field foul pole to lead off the second inning. Manny Melendez scored the game's final run, singling with two out in the eight and later scoring from third on a wild pitch to provide insurance for Hartford.
The Pork Roll put the tying run aboard in four different innings, including a sixth-inning threat that saw two men reach base, as Gosuke Katoh reached on an error prior to Kyle Holder's single. Stranding five total runners, however, the Pork Roll went 0-for-8 with men in scoring position.
The loss overshadowed an outstanding start by Pork Roll right-hander Brian Keller (1-1), who struck out five and limited Hartford to three hits and one walk over seven innings.
Kyle Holder's sixth-inning single extended his hitting streak to a season-high nine games, while Matt Lipka went 0-for-2 to end his streak at nine.
Your Thunder continue their homestand at 7 p.m. against the Yard Goats. RHP Nick Green (1-3, 8.18) will start for the Thunder, and RHP Brandon Gold (7-5, 3.70) will go for Hartford. The Thunder will celebrate Faith and Family Night, and the evening will wrap up with a postgame fireworks show, presented by Penn Medicine-Princeton Health. Tickets are available by phone at 609-394-3300 or online at TrentonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Offense Erupts in 11-3 Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Bludgeoned, 11-3, in Bowie - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Win Sixth Straight, Down Squirrels in 10 - Erie SeaWolves
- Yard Goats Holder Puts Hold on Trenton Batters - Hartford Yard Goats
- Senators Overcome 5-1 Margin in 8-5 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Ponies Fall Short against Ducks in Akron - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins Take Two from Cats, 6-4 and 3-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Wilson Homers Twice in An 8-5 Loss at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Big Triple Helps Stop RubberDucks's Skid - Akron RubberDucks
- Pork Roll Chopped in 2-0 Loss to Yard Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #95 Rumble Ponies (13-16) at Akron RubberDucks (8-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 19th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Newman-Kramer Bobble, Yinzers and Fireworks Headline Next Homestand at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- River Fest Features New Food and Drink Items; Pork Roll Eating Championship Competitors Revealed
- Thunder Beat Bowie to Win League Title
- Hoy Steals Home Thunder Win, Take 2-1 Series Lead
- Thunder Fall to Baysox, Series Tied 1-1
- Thunder Bounce Back over Bowie for Game 1 Win