Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland
Harrisburg Senators (9-17) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (13-15)
RH Jackson Tetreault (3-5, 4.65) vs. RH Bryan Mata (1-2, 4.60)
Game 97 - 2nd Half Game 27 - Friday, July 19 @ 7:00 p.m. - FNB Field
Tonight's Senators starting lineup:
Michael. A Taylor, CF
Luis Garcia, SS
Adrian Sanchez, 2B
Drew Ward, DH
Dante Bichette Jr., LF
Ian Sagdal, 3B
Tres Barrera, C
Nick Banks, RF
Austin Davidson, 1B
Jackson Tetreault, SP
The Senators were shutout in game one of the four game series against the Portland Sea Dogs 4-0. The Dogs scored a run in the second and three more in the fourth to put the game away. The Sens had just two at bats with runners in scoring position and stranded five runners. The Sens best chance to score came in the fifth inning when the game was still just 1-0 when they had runners at first and second with one out, but the runners were left stranded on the corners.
The Senators and Portland Sea Dogs play game two of a four-game series tonight at FNB Field. It's the only meeting of the season between the teams at FNB Field.
The two teams play again next weekend at Hadlock Field in Portland.
With Aaron Fletcher making his AA debut last night for the Sens, they've used 51 players this season. The Senators have had 14 players make their AA debut this season.
The Sea Dogs are the AA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. They're 40-55 overall this season. In July they're 10-7, hitting .233 with 10 HR and 79 Runs with a 2.87 ERA.
Portland has eight MLB.com Top 30 prospects on their active roster. They've used 54 players this season. The Sea Dogs have 19 players originally signed or drafted by the Red Sox and 9 AA rookies.
The Sens head to New Hampshire after the game Sunday for their only visit to New Hampshire and Portland. They play a three-game series at New Hampshire with games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7:05 p.m.
The Sens are in a stretch of 14 straight games against AL opponents.
The Sens have 70 scheduled games in the 2nd half with 45 of them against divisional opponents. The DH will be used in 38 of the 70 games including a stretch of 28 of 36 games to begin the 2nd half. After this series with Portland, the Sens remaining home opponents are Richmond, Altoona (2x), Hartford and Erie.
July 6-9, .230 6HR 58RS and a 4.24 ERA. June 11-16, .243 12HR 97RS and a 3.21 ERA. May 13-16, .224 17HR 103r and a 4.03 ERA. April 21-4, .250 28HR 110r and a 2.66 ERA.
SENATORS 2019 ALL-STARS
C Tres Barrera (0-1, r), INF Ian Sagdal (1-1, bb), OF Rhett Wiseman (1-2, 2b rbi, r) and RHP Aaron Barrett (0.2, 2bb, k) all played in the EL All-Star game July 10 in Richmond.
Harrisburg has used 50 players this season. Of the 25 active players, there are 17 that were originally drafted or signed by the Nats, 9 AA rookies, 8 players with big league experience and 20 that were in the Nats organization last year. There are also 6 players that have been on the Sens active roster all season.
7/18 - RHP Brady Dragmire released by the Washington Nationals and LHP Aaron Fletcher assigned to Harrisburg from Potomac.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Offense Erupts in 11-3 Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Curve Bludgeoned, 11-3, in Bowie - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves Win Sixth Straight, Down Squirrels in 10 - Erie SeaWolves
- Yard Goats Holder Puts Hold on Trenton Batters - Hartford Yard Goats
- Senators Overcome 5-1 Margin in 8-5 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Ponies Fall Short against Ducks in Akron - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins Take Two from Cats, 6-4 and 3-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Wilson Homers Twice in An 8-5 Loss at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Big Triple Helps Stop RubberDucks's Skid - Akron RubberDucks
- Pork Roll Chopped in 2-0 Loss to Yard Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #95 Rumble Ponies (13-16) at Akron RubberDucks (8-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 19th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Newman-Kramer Bobble, Yinzers and Fireworks Headline Next Homestand at PNG Field - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12