Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night
DES MOINES, IA - Iowa Wild, in conjunction with Des Moines University, proudly announces STEM Night this Friday at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Night is an educational competition between high school science classes/clubs challenging them to develop projects around brain injury awareness and prevention. Students will present information about brain safety and propose ideas which may help limit concussions and promote player safety. The class/club with the best project will win a $1,000 scholarship towards STEM research in a donation between the Wild and the Des Moines University.
The classes/clubs will be set up throughout the concourse of Wells Fargo Arena with the competition running from 3-5 p.m. The displays will remain up throughout the remainder of the evening for fans that attend Friday's 7 p.m. faceoff versus Oklahoma City. Judges for the competition will be comprised of Des Moines University medical students.
"Des Moines University is excited to participate in a collaboration that connects students to real-world medical concepts and encourages creative problem-solving," says Brianne Sanchez, Des Moines University Community Relations Manager.
Iowa continues its four-game home stand against the Texas Stars at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April. 7. It's a Taco Tuesday - presented by Taco Johns, where each fan that comes to the game receives a coupon for a free crispy beef taco from Taco Johns. It's also two-for-one Tuesday, where fans may purchase one attack end ticket and receive a second ticket free, sponsored by Hits 99.9 FM. Also, those who bring in a Subway receipt may purchase a $5 game ticket at the box office.
Iowa hosts the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Apr. 9. It's a Throwback Thursday, where fans may purchase popcorn for one dollar, presented by 95 KGGO. Also, those who bring in a Subway receipt may purchase a $5 ticket at the box office. Iowa finishes its home stand against Oklahoma City at 7 p.m. on Friday, Apr. 10. It's Fan Appreciation night featuring a team poster giveaway to the first 5,000 fans, sponsored by Mercy Medical Center, Prairie Life Fitness, Edwards Printing and MB2 Raceway. The team is also holding a Chuck-a-Duck at Friday's game, where fans may purchase rubber ducks to throw on the ice during intermission. All proceeds from the event go to benefit the Youth Emergency Shelter and Services. It's also STEM Night, where a $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who designs the best helmet to reduce concussions for hockey players, presented by Des Moines University. It's also a $2 Beer Night, presented by 100.3 The Bus. Fans may purchase 10-ounce domestic beers for only $2 through the first period of play.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-553-2457 or by visiting www.iowaeventscenter.com . In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild 2014-15 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center, it runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Barons Fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Chicago, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Seven-Goal Outburst Moves Wolves Closer to Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Campbell Sets Stars' Franchise Record in 6-4 Win Over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Rampage Topple Barons 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Outlast Wild 6-4 - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Fall to Comets 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Chomp out 1-0 Overtime Win in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Put up Season-High Seven Goals in Win over Senators - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Bit by Sharks in OT, Lose 1-0 - Portland Pirates
- Comets a Perfect 10 After 3-1 Victory over Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Admirals Release MacMillan from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Assign Schaller, Makarov to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Host Admirals Before Weekend Set in San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, April 10 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Expecting to Set Single-Game Attendance Record on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Pucks & Paws Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night - Iowa Wild
- Springfield Falcons Ink Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to ATO, Release Forward Matthew Zay - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Fan Appreciation Night Caps Busy Week at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Adult Hockey 3-On-3 Cross-Ice Tournament Saturday, April 18 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs, Admirals Meet for Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Season Tickets on Sale Saturday, April 11th - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Sign Travis Boyd to ATO - Hershey Bears
- WXRX, IceHogs to "Pack the House" on April 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- Capitals Recall Stanislav Galiev from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Shamanski to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jarry Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.