Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs
Rockford, IL--Forward Spencer Abbott posted a four-point game to lead the Rockford IceHogs to a 5-3 win over the Admirals on Tuesday night.
The Admirals finished the season series with a 7-5-0-0 record against Rockford.
The IceHogs claimed the lead at 15:26 of the first period. Rockford forward Abbott sent a pass from behind the Milwaukee net into the slot for defenseman Stephen Johns. Johns wristshot found the back of the net for his fourth goal of the season.
Rockford made the score 2-0 when Keith Seabrook sprung Abbott on a breakaway with a long pass out of the IceHogs zone. Abbott slid the puck between the legs of Ads goalie Marek Mazanec at 1:58 of the second period.
The Admirals cut the deficit in half just 35 seconds later. Pontus Aberg's shot from the left circle bounced off the glove of IceHogs goalie Antti Raanta and dropped into the slot. Austin Watson buried the rebound for his 25th goal of the season. Aberg and Scott Ford recorded the assists.
Milwaukee defenseman Ford was assessed a five-minute major penalty for boarding at 9:26 of the second period. The IceHogs finally scored on the lengthy power play at 14:11 when Brandon Mashinter lifted a backhander past Mazanec with just 15 seconds remaining in the penalty.
Milwaukee forward Gary Steffes scored his fourth goal of the season at :59 of the third period. Defenseman Joe Piskula sent the puck from the right point behind the Rockford goal. Aberg centered to Steffes above the crease.
The IceHogs reclaimed the two-goal cushion when Seabrook snuck into the right circle without a defender near him. Vince Hinostroza found him with a pass out of the left corner and Seabrook planted his first goal of the season at 9:40 of the third period.
Abbott scored his second goal of the game with a wrist shot from the left circle at 11:17 of the third period. After this goal, Mazanec was pulled in favor of Magnus Hellberg.
Watson scored his second goal of the game, a power play tally, with 20 seconds remaining to close the scoring.
The Admirals visit Grand Rapids Wed., Apr. 8. Milwaukee returns to the BMO Harris Bradley Center to host Chicago Fri., Apr. 10 at 7pm.
Fans can purchase tickets for any Admirals game by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 FREE or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com . Groups of ten or more receive a minimum of $2 off the face value of the tickets. For more information or to book a group fans should call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.â¨â¨ Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Barons Fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Chicago, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Seven-Goal Outburst Moves Wolves Closer to Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Campbell Sets Stars' Franchise Record in 6-4 Win Over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Rampage Topple Barons 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Outlast Wild 6-4 - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Fall to Comets 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Chomp out 1-0 Overtime Win in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Put up Season-High Seven Goals in Win over Senators - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Bit by Sharks in OT, Lose 1-0 - Portland Pirates
- Comets a Perfect 10 After 3-1 Victory over Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Admirals Release MacMillan from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Assign Schaller, Makarov to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Host Admirals Before Weekend Set in San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, April 10 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Expecting to Set Single-Game Attendance Record on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Pucks & Paws Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night - Iowa Wild
- Springfield Falcons Ink Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to ATO, Release Forward Matthew Zay - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Fan Appreciation Night Caps Busy Week at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Adult Hockey 3-On-3 Cross-Ice Tournament Saturday, April 18 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs, Admirals Meet for Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Season Tickets on Sale Saturday, April 11th - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Sign Travis Boyd to ATO - Hershey Bears
- WXRX, IceHogs to "Pack the House" on April 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- Capitals Recall Stanislav Galiev from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Shamanski to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jarry Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.