B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators fell to the visiting Norfolk Admirals tonight 7-4 in the final matchup between the teams. Norfolk scored three times in both the first and second period while outshooting their hosts 34-23 to earn the victory.
Antoine Laganiere opened the scoring just 3:44 into the first off an assist from Ty Loney. The B-Sens answered just 42 seconds later when Darren Kramer swiped home a rebound off of a shot from Chris Wideman to even the score 1-1. Mike Sgarbossa notched his first of two goals on the night just past the eight-minute mark before David Steckel made it 3-1 at 15:44. Norfolk outshot the B-Sens 16-8 over the first 20 minutes of play to take the 3-1.
Sgarbossa grabbed his second of the night 3:26 into the second period to increase the visitors lead to 4-1. Goals from Binghamton's Danny Hobbs at 9:52 and Cole Schneider at 16:45 cut the Admirals lead to 4-3, but Norfolk managed to score twice over the final 2:34 of the period ending the B-Sens' Scott Greenham's night in net and taking the 6-3 advantage into the final period.
Binghamton managed to inch closer 3:50 into the final frame when Carter Camper sent his 15th goal of the season past Norfolk's Jason LaBarbera, but that would be as close as the hosts would get. Charles Sarault put the contest away with his eighth of the year with just over two minutes to play in regulation.
Sgarbossa finished with two goals and an assist while Loney notched a goal and two helpers in his first professional game to lead the visitors offensively.
Binghamton 's Chris Driedger made seven of eight saves in 20 minutes of relief work.
The B-Sens are back on home ice at 7:05p.m. both Friday and Saturday when they take on the Albany Devils and Utica Comets, respectively. Tickets are available by calling the Binghamton Senators Executive Office at (607) 722-7367 Wednesday and Thursday 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. and 8:00a.m. through the second intermission Friday and Saturday. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Barons Fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Chicago, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Seven-Goal Outburst Moves Wolves Closer to Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Campbell Sets Stars' Franchise Record in 6-4 Win Over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Rampage Topple Barons 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Outlast Wild 6-4 - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Fall to Comets 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Chomp out 1-0 Overtime Win in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Put up Season-High Seven Goals in Win over Senators - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Bit by Sharks in OT, Lose 1-0 - Portland Pirates
- Comets a Perfect 10 After 3-1 Victory over Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Admirals Release MacMillan from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Assign Schaller, Makarov to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Host Admirals Before Weekend Set in San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, April 10 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Expecting to Set Single-Game Attendance Record on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Pucks & Paws Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night - Iowa Wild
- Springfield Falcons Ink Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to ATO, Release Forward Matthew Zay - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Fan Appreciation Night Caps Busy Week at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Adult Hockey 3-On-3 Cross-Ice Tournament Saturday, April 18 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs, Admirals Meet for Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Season Tickets on Sale Saturday, April 11th - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Sign Travis Boyd to ATO - Hershey Bears
- WXRX, IceHogs to "Pack the House" on April 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- Capitals Recall Stanislav Galiev from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Shamanski to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jarry Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.