Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly
Wed., Apr. 1 - PENGUINS 4 vs. Hartford 3
Dominik Uher scored twice and Brian Dumoulin gathered three assists to help W/B-Scranton edge the Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-3. Down by one in the second, Jayson Megna tied the score with his team-leading 21st goal of the season. Uher provided W-B/Scranton with insurance, tallying both goals in the third. Jeff Zatkoff stopped 37-of-40 shots in the victory.
Fri., Apr. 3 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Worcester 4
Nikolay Goldobin and Daniil Tarasov each collected a goal and an assist to lift the Sharks past the Penguins in a 4-2 decision. Dominik Uher netted his third goal in his last two games, while Tom Kuhnhackl picked up two assists. Danny Syvret also scored for W-B/Scranton, notching a power play goal.
Sat., Apr. 4 - PENGUINS 3 vs. Lehigh Valley 0
Matt Murray made 21 saves for his 11th shutout of the season as W-B/Scranton beat Lehigh Valley 3-0. Scott Wilson capitalized on two opportunities in the first to give the Penguins an early 2-0 lead. In the third, Brian Dumoulin gathered his fourth goal on the year to complete the scoring.
The Week Ahead
Wed., Apr. 8 - Penguins at LEHIGH VALLEY
The Phantoms (31-31-6-1) host the Penguins for the 11th meeting in the 12-game series. Jason Akeson leads the Phantoms in the series with seven points (3G-4A) in seven games. The two teams meet a final time on Sunday, Apr. 19.
Sat., Apr. 11 - Penguins at PORTLAND
Sun., Apr. 12 - Penguins at PORTLAND
The Pirates (37-25-6-1) are eighth in the Eastern Conference with a magic number of nine. Goalie Mike McKenna is second behind Matt Murray with seven shutouts. Portland is tied for second in the AHL with 11 shorthanded goals.
- With 21 saves on Saturday versus Lehigh Valley, Matt Murray collected his 11th shutout of the year and now stands second all-time for the most shutouts in a season by an AHL goaltender - two behind record holder Jason LaBarbera (Hartford - 2003-04).
- Murray was the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for the second consecutive month, becoming just the second goalie in league history to do so (Phillip Sauve, Hershey - 2002).
- Murray currently leads the AHL in goals against average (1.54), save percentage (.941) and shutouts (11).
- Tom Kostopoulos has recorded 14 points in the Penguins' last 13 games (5G-9A).
- Tom Kuhnhackl (4A) Dominik Uher (3G-1A) and Brian Dumoulin (1G-3A) have collected four points apiece in the last three contests.
- The Penguins' magic number currently stands at two.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Barons Fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Chicago, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Seven-Goal Outburst Moves Wolves Closer to Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Campbell Sets Stars' Franchise Record in 6-4 Win Over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Rampage Topple Barons 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Outlast Wild 6-4 - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Fall to Comets 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Chomp out 1-0 Overtime Win in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Put up Season-High Seven Goals in Win over Senators - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Bit by Sharks in OT, Lose 1-0 - Portland Pirates
- Comets a Perfect 10 After 3-1 Victory over Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Admirals Release MacMillan from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Assign Schaller, Makarov to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Host Admirals Before Weekend Set in San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, April 10 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Expecting to Set Single-Game Attendance Record on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Pucks & Paws Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night - Iowa Wild
- Springfield Falcons Ink Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to ATO, Release Forward Matthew Zay - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Fan Appreciation Night Caps Busy Week at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Adult Hockey 3-On-3 Cross-Ice Tournament Saturday, April 18 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs, Admirals Meet for Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Season Tickets on Sale Saturday, April 11th - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Sign Travis Boyd to ATO - Hershey Bears
- WXRX, IceHogs to "Pack the House" on April 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- Capitals Recall Stanislav Galiev from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Shamanski to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jarry Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils
- Weekly: Penguins to Host Mid-Week Home Game against Devils
- Ryan Scarfo Recalled by Penguins
- Penguins Drop 5-1 Decision at Hershey