Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly
Wed., Apr. 1 - PENGUINS 4 vs. Hartford 3
Dominik Uher scored twice and Brian Dumoulin gathered three assists to help W/B-Scranton edge the Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-3. Down by one in the second, Jayson Megna tied the score with his team-leading 21st goal of the season. Uher provided W-B/Scranton with insurance, tallying both goals in the third. Jeff Zatkoff stopped 37-of-40 shots in the victory.
Fri., Apr. 3 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Worcester 4
Nikolay Goldobin and Daniil Tarasov each collected a goal and an assist to lift the Sharks past the Penguins in a 4-2 decision. Dominik Uher netted his third goal in his last two games, while Tom Kuhnhackl picked up two assists. Danny Syvret also scored for W-B/Scranton, notching a power play goal.
Sat., Apr. 4 - PENGUINS 3 vs. Lehigh Valley 0
Matt Murray made 21 saves for his 11th shutout of the season as W-B/Scranton beat Lehigh Valley 3-0. Scott Wilson capitalized on two opportunities in the first to give the Penguins an early 2-0 lead. In the third, Brian Dumoulin gathered his fourth goal on the year to complete the scoring.
The Week Ahead
Wed., Apr. 8 - Penguins at LEHIGH VALLEY
The Phantoms (31-31-6-1) host the Penguins for the 11th meeting in the 12-game series. Jason Akeson leads the Phantoms in the series with seven points (3G-4A) in seven games. The two teams meet a final time on Sunday, Apr. 19.
Sat., Apr. 11 - Penguins at PORTLAND
Sun., Apr. 12 - Penguins at PORTLAND
The Pirates (37-25-6-1) are eighth in the Eastern Conference with a magic number of nine. Goalie Mike McKenna is second behind Matt Murray with seven shutouts. Portland is tied for second in the AHL with 11 shorthanded goals.
- With 21 saves on Saturday versus Lehigh Valley, Matt Murray collected his 11th shutout of the year and now stands second all-time for the most shutouts in a season by an AHL goaltender - two behind record holder Jason LaBarbera (Hartford - 2003-04).
- Murray was the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for the second consecutive month, becoming just the second goalie in league history to do so (Phillip Sauve, Hershey - 2002).
- Murray currently leads the AHL in goals against average (1.54), save percentage (.941) and shutouts (11).
- Tom Kostopoulos has recorded 14 points in the Penguins' last 13 games (5G-9A).
- Tom Kuhnhackl (4A) Dominik Uher (3G-1A) and Brian Dumoulin (1G-3A) have collected four points apiece in the last three contests.
- The Penguins' magic number currently stands at two.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2015
- Barons Fall to Rampage, 4-1 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall in Chicago, 7-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Get Bitten by IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Seven-Goal Outburst Moves Wolves Closer to Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Campbell Sets Stars' Franchise Record in 6-4 Win Over Iowa - Texas Stars
- Rampage Topple Barons 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Outlast Wild 6-4 - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 7-4 in Final Meeting with Admirals - Binghamton Senators
- Bulldogs Fall to Comets 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Chomp out 1-0 Overtime Win in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Put up Season-High Seven Goals in Win over Senators - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Bit by Sharks in OT, Lose 1-0 - Portland Pirates
- Comets a Perfect 10 After 3-1 Victory over Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Admirals Release MacMillan from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Sabres Assign Schaller, Makarov to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Host Admirals Before Weekend Set in San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Host "Donate Life Night" on Friday, April 10 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Expecting to Set Single-Game Attendance Record on Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Pucks & Paws Night this Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wild Promotes Brain Health and Player Saftey with STEM Night - Iowa Wild
- Springfield Falcons Ink Defenseman Dillon Heatherington to ATO, Release Forward Matthew Zay - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Fan Appreciation Night Caps Busy Week at PPL Center - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- B-Sens Adult Hockey 3-On-3 Cross-Ice Tournament Saturday, April 18 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs, Admirals Meet for Regular Season Finale - Rockford IceHogs
- IceCaps Season Tickets on Sale Saturday, April 11th - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Sign Travis Boyd to ATO - Hershey Bears
- WXRX, IceHogs to "Pack the House" on April 15 - Rockford IceHogs
- Capitals Recall Stanislav Galiev from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Sign Shamanski to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jarry Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.