Wild Blanked by Admirals, 3-0
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Wild (14-14-2-2; 32 pts.) fell to the Milwaukee Admirals (14-18-2-2; 32 pts.) by a score of 3-0 at Wells Fargo Arena on Monday, Jan. 17. Wild forward Kaid Oliver played in his first career AHL contest and Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre made 23 saves in the loss.
Milwaukee forward Zach Solow beat McIntyre at 2:46 of the first period to give the Admirals a 1-0 lead.
As both teams headed into the first intermission, Milwaukee led 1-0 over Iowa. The Wild and the Admirals both recorded nine shots in the first period.
After a scoreless second period, the Admirals carried their 1-0 lead into the second intermission. Iowa outshot Milwaukee 11-9 in the second period. Shots through two periods were 20-18 in favor of the Wild.
Admirals forward Rocco Grimaldi deflected in a shot from the right point at 4:22 of the third period. Grimaldi's goal put Milwaukee up 2-0.
At 18:16 of the third period, the Wild pulled McIntyre for the extra attacker.
With 44-seconds left in the third period, Admirals forward Mitch McLain scored on the empty net to extend Milwaukee's lead to 3-0.
Iowa could not beat Admirals goaltender Connor Ingram (35 saves) in the game as Milwaukee won by a score of 3-0. Shots in the third period were 15-8 in favor of Iowa and the Wild outshot the Admirals 35-26 in the game.
Neither team scored on the power play as Iowa was 0-for-2 and Milwaukee was 0-for-3 on the night.
Next up for the Wild, a matchup with the Manitoba Moose at Wells Fargo Arena on Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. CT.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team's website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2022
- Reign Drop Defensive Battle to Abbotsford - Ontario Reign
- Silovs, Di Giuseppe Lead Canucks Past Reign - Abbotsford Canucks
- Wild Blanked by Admirals, 3-0 - Iowa Wild
- Ingram Backstops Admirals to Shutout Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reichel and Teply Net Two-Point Games in Matinee Loss to Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Assign Nathan Walker to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Detroit Returns Three to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Jake Christiansen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Rush Past Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edge Senators, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Sign Forward Tyler Boland - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly Report: Noel's Big Night, Daccord's Hot Streak and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Sherwood Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Filip Král Named AHL's Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Toronto's Filip Král Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Kaden Fulcher Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign D-Man and Goalie to PTO's - Abbotsford Canucks
- Thunderbirds' Cross Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Wolves Tap Topatigh - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Celebrate MLK Day with Matinee Matchup vs. Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Iowa Wild Signs Goaltender C.J. Motte to a One-Year AHL Contract
- Minnesota Wild Signs Goaltender Jesper Wallstedt to a Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Iowa Wild Defenseman Dakota Mermis Selected as Winner of Yanick Dupré Memorial Award
- Iowa Drops Season Finale to Rockford, 6-1
- Rau's Record-Breaking Performance Leads Wild to 5-3 Victory over IceHogs