Reichel and Teply Net Two-Point Games in Matinee Loss to Wolves
ROCKFORD, IL - Forward Lukas Reichel netted a goal and an assist for the Rockford IceHogs (14-13-1-1) in his return from the Chicago Blackhawks and forward Michael Teply added two assists, but the Chicago Wolves (24-6-2-1) used a four-goal second period to propel them to a 5-3 win at BMO Harris Bank Center Monday afternoon.
Wolves forward Stefan Noesen opened the game scoring 4:38 into the contest, settling a bouncing puck between the faceoff circles and launching in his 17th goal of the season over the right shoulder of IceHogs netminder Arvid Soderblom (L, 40 saves on 45 shots). As the period motored along, the IceHogs found their early-afternoon footing and evened the score with defenseman Ryan Stanton's first goal of the season at 11:11.
Goals arrived in bunches in the second period, featuring six total markers, and the Wolves took a 5-3 lead to the intermission. Reichel gave the home club a brief 2-1 lead just 25 seconds into the frame, but the Wolves rattled off the next two goals to tie and take the lead off the sticks of C.J. Smith (8:07) and AHL leading scorer Andrew Poturalski (9:14) on the power play.
IceHogs forward Dylan McLaughlin extended his personal point streak to five games (3G, 5A) with his sixth marker of the year, catching a stretch pass and burying his sixth goal of the season between the legs of Wolves goalie Alex Lyon (W, 15 saves on 18 shots) at 9:54.
Forward David Gust (14:34) provided the goal-ahead go for the Wolves and Noesen buried his second of the game on for insurance on the man advantage at 15:59. After firing nine shots in the first period, the IceHogs were limited to nine total shots in the second and third as the Wolves clamped down defensively to seal the victory.
The IceHogs finished the contest 0-for-3 on the power play while the Wolves went 2-for-6.
Join the IceHogs for $2 Bud light Friday this Friday, Jan. 21 vs. Texas at BMO Harris Bank Center! Enjoy $2 Bud Light cans through the second intermission! Buy Tickets
The Rockford IceHogs are proud to host their annual Autism Awareness Night, presented by Lawncare By Walter, Inc. on Saturday, Jan. 22 against the Texas Stars at 6 p.m. at BMO Harris Bank Center and will feature many fan-favorite promotions such as custom Autism Awareness Night jerseys, autographed mystery pucks, jersey raffle and premium raffle to support The Autism Program of Easterseals. Buy Tickets & More Information
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2022
- Reign Drop Defensive Battle to Abbotsford - Ontario Reign
- Silovs, Di Giuseppe Lead Canucks Past Reign - Abbotsford Canucks
- Wild Blanked by Admirals, 3-0 - Iowa Wild
- Ingram Backstops Admirals to Shutout Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reichel and Teply Net Two-Point Games in Matinee Loss to Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Assign Nathan Walker to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Detroit Returns Three to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Jake Christiansen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Rush Past Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edge Senators, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Sign Forward Tyler Boland - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly Report: Noel's Big Night, Daccord's Hot Streak and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Sherwood Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Filip Král Named AHL's Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Toronto's Filip Král Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Kaden Fulcher Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign D-Man and Goalie to PTO's - Abbotsford Canucks
- Thunderbirds' Cross Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Wolves Tap Topatigh - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Celebrate MLK Day with Matinee Matchup vs. Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Luke Richardson Named 40th Head Coach in Blackhawks History
- IceHogs Sign Forward Seamus Malone for 2022-23 Season
- Blackhawks Finalize Hockey Operations Leadership Team
- IceHogs Celebrate Opening Night at the BMO on Saturday, October 22
- IceHogs Re-Sign Forward Kale Howarth for 2022-23 Season