Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Jake Christiansen from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Monday that the Blue Jackets recalled defenseman Jake Christiansen from the Monsters. In one appearance for Columbus this season, Christiansen posted an even rating and added 5-15-20 with 17 penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 25 appearances for the Monsters this year.
A 6'1", 194 lb. left-shooting native of West Vancouver, BC, Christiansen, 22, tallied 8-27-35 with 31 penalty minutes and a +1 rating in 62 career AHL appearances for the Stockton Heat and Cleveland during a portion of the 2019-20 season and the 2020-21 and 2021-22 campaigns. In five WHL seasons with the Everett Silvertips from 2015-20, Christiansen registered 50-102-152 with 114 penalty minutes and a +84 rating. In 2019-20, Christiansen was named to the WHL's Second All-Star Team. He signed a three-year entry-level contract with Columbus on March 4, 2020.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2022
- Reign Drop Defensive Battle to Abbotsford - Ontario Reign
- Silovs, Di Giuseppe Lead Canucks Past Reign - Abbotsford Canucks
- Wild Blanked by Admirals, 3-0 - Iowa Wild
- Ingram Backstops Admirals to Shutout Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reichel and Teply Net Two-Point Games in Matinee Loss to Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Assign Nathan Walker to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Detroit Returns Three to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Jake Christiansen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Rush Past Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edge Senators, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose Sign Forward Tyler Boland - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly Report: Noel's Big Night, Daccord's Hot Streak and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Sherwood Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Filip Král Named AHL's Player of the Week - Toronto Marlies
- Toronto's Filip Král Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Kaden Fulcher Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canucks Sign D-Man and Goalie to PTO's - Abbotsford Canucks
- Thunderbirds' Cross Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Wolves Tap Topatigh - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Celebrate MLK Day with Matinee Matchup vs. Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Claim Multiple Awards at 2022 AHL Team Business Meetings
- Columbus Blue Jackets and Kalamazoo Wings Extend Affiliation for 2022-23 Season
- Ohio's Trent Vogelhuber Named Seventh Head Coach in Monsters Franchise History
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2022 Summer Street Hockey Series
- Ben Adams Named Cleveland Monsters 2021-22 IOA/American Specialty AHL Person of the Year