Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Tuesday that the club has agreed on a trade with Inter Miami CF, acquiring a conditional 2022 MLS SuperDraft pick in exchange for midfielder David Norman effective January 2020.
Norman will join Canadian Premier League side Pacific FC on loan for the remainder of 2019, prior to his trade to Miami ahead of their 2020 MLS expansion season.
"We thank David for his time and service with the club," said head coach Marc Dos Santos. "We are pleased to have watched him mature into a professional and wish him nothing but the best as he continues his career."
Norman originally joined the club in 2007 as a member of the WFC Prospects program. He signed an MLS Homegrown contract in December 2017 following his first professional season as a member of Whitecaps FC 2. Norman made one first-team appearance with Whitecaps FC in the 2018 Canadian Championship and four appearances this year with the Development Squad.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 3, 2019
- Seven Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Paredes, Zambrano, Flores Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time, Broadcast Changes for Timbers' September 15 Home Match against D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture - Houston Dynamo
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Terrebonne this Friday, September 6 - Montreal Impact
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - MLS
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC Forward Mason Toye Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Mason Toye Named Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money and Draft Pick from Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls International Round-Up; Six Received Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Gold Cup Finalists U.S. and Mexico Square off Friday on FS1, Univision - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced MLS Goalkeeper Evan Bush Via Trade from Montreal Impact
- 'Caps fall to West co-leaders in first Portland home match
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC thwart 'Caps bid for three straight
- Whitecaps FC Announce Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule