FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are back home on Saturday for a match against Toronto FC. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (5-20-3, 18 pts.) enter the week after falling to FC Dallas, 3-1, at Toyota Stadium on Saturday evening. Emmanuel Ledesma recorded his fifth goal of the season - his second via the penalty spot. Greg Garza returned to FCC's starting lineup for the first time since exiting the match at Orlando City SC on May 19 with a calf injury.
Toronto FC (10-10-8, 38 pts.) played the New England Revolution to a 1-1 draw on Saturday night to hold on to the Eastern Conference's final playoff position. Nicolas Benezet registered his first goal for TFC after joining the squad on loan from Ligue 1 side Guingamp prior to the close of the MLS secondary transfer window.
Saturday's matchup will be the second meeting between the two sides. Toronto FC defeated FC Cincinnati, 2-1, at BMO Field on July 27.
Ledesma Tallies via the Penalty Spot
Emmanuel Ledesma scored his fifth goal of the season at FC Dallas on Saturday ... the midfielder's five goals are tied with Allan Cruz for the team's lead ... additionally, the goal was Ledesma's second tally via the penalty spot ... the midfielder currently leads FC Cincinnati in both goals and assists.
Garza, Alashe Back on the Pitch
Greg Garza made his return to the field at FC Dallas on Saturday for the first time since May 19 against Orlando City SC, when he suffered a calf injury and was substituted off in the 10th minute ... he has now made eight appearances, including six starts, this season ... the left back started and played 60 minutes for the Orange and Blue ... additionally, Fatai Alashe returned to the field at Dallas for the first time since June 22 against the LA Galaxy when he suffered a hamstring injury early in the second half ... he played 26 minutes as a second-half substitute.
Four FCC Players Receive International Call-Ups
Four FC Cincinnati players have been called up to represent their respective national teams for matches during the current FIFA window ... Allan Cruz and Kendall Waston have been called in to Costa Rica, Alvas Powell has been called in to Jamaica and Derrick Etienne Jr. has been called in to Haiti ... Costa Rica will host Uruguay in an international friendly on Friday, Sept. 6 ... Jamaica will play Concacaf Nations League qualifiers against Antigua and Barbuda on Sept. 6 and at Guyana on Sept. 9 ... Haiti will also play Concacaf Nations League qualifiers when they play CuraÃ- ao in back-to-back matches on Sept. 7 and Sept. 10.
Manneh Picks up FCC's First Red Card
Kekuta Manneh received FC Cincinnati's first red card of the 2019 season in the 75th minute at FC Dallas ... Manneh will be unavailable for selection in FCC's match against Toronto FC on Sept. 7 ... the red card was Manneh's first career red card in six years as an MLS player.
Hagglund to Face Former Club
Nick Hagglund could be in line to make his first appearance against Toronto FC, where he spent the first five years of his professional career (2014-18), on Saturday ... with TFC, Hagglund made 88 appearances, including 67 starts, scored five goals and added four assists in MLS regular-season play ... additionally, the center back made a combined 10 appearances, scored one goal and added two assists in the MLS Cup Playoffs from 2015-17 ... Hagglund was an unused substitute in the two clubs' first meeting on July 27.
FC Cincinnati return to the pitch on Saturday, Sept. 7, when they host Toronto FC. First kick is set for 7:30 p.m. and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com. Individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining FC Cincinnati games at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining FC Cincinnati games at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 3, 2019
- Seven Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Paredes, Zambrano, Flores Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time, Broadcast Changes for Timbers' September 15 Home Match against D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture - Houston Dynamo FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Terrebonne this Friday, September 6 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - MLS
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC Forward Mason Toye Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Mason Toye Named Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money and Draft Pick from Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls International Round-Up; Six Received Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Gold Cup Finalists U.S. and Mexico Square off Friday on FS1, Univision - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.