Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo defender A.J. DeLaGarza will miss the remainder of the regular season with a right foot fracture, the club announced today.
The defender is projected to recover in 8-12 weeks after suffering the injury in the second half of Saturday's match against Sporting Kansas City at Children's Mercy Park.
DeLaGarza has started 23 games for the Dynamo this season and tallied an assist in Houston's first meeting with Kansas City on June 1. The 11-year veteran earned his 250th league start earlier this summer in Houston's match against Chicago at BBVA Stadium on Aug. 3.
Houston will return to BBVA Stadium on Sept. 11 to host Minnesota United for First Responders Night, presented by Bud Light.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 3, 2019
- Seven Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Paredes, Zambrano, Flores Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time, Broadcast Changes for Timbers' September 15 Home Match against D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture - Houston Dynamo FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Terrebonne this Friday, September 6 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - MLS
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC Forward Mason Toye Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Mason Toye Named Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money and Draft Pick from Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls International Round-Up; Six Received Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Gold Cup Finalists U.S. and Mexico Square off Friday on FS1, Univision - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo Lose to Austin FC 2-1
- Houston Dynamo FC Travels to Austin to Close Three-Game Week
- Houston Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 3-0
- Houston Dynamo FC Closes Two-Game Homestand on Wednesday against LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against Austin FC on October 24 Moved to 4:00 p.m. CDT