Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls
SEATTLE, WASH. - As part of a flex scheduling change, Major League Soccer today announced that Sounders FC's September 15 match against the New York Red Bulls at CenturyLink Field is moving from ESPN to regional affiliate JOEtv. The home contest will now kick off at 3:00 p.m. PT, two hours and 30 minutes later than its original start time of 12:30 p.m. PT. The change was made as part of an announcement that affected multiple matches around the league, as flex broadcast scheduling during the final month of the regular season is being utilized by Major League Soccer's national broadcast partners to select specific contests.
Tickets for the match are still available, as Sounders FC looks to clinch its 11th consecutive postseason berth. Fans can stay up-to-date by using the Sounders FC mobile app to add matches to their calendar, or the schedule can be downloaded and synced with calendars.
Following a thrilling 4-3 win on Sunday over Western Conference rival LA Galaxy, Sounders FC next (13-8-7, 46 points) travels to face the Colorado Rapids (8-14-6, 30 points) on Saturday, September 7 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park (6:00 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 1090 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 3, 2019
- Seven Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Paredes, Zambrano, Flores Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time, Broadcast Changes for Timbers' September 15 Home Match against D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture - Houston Dynamo
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Terrebonne this Friday, September 6 - Montreal Impact
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - MLS
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC Forward Mason Toye Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Mason Toye Named Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money and Draft Pick from Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls International Round-Up; Six Received Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Gold Cup Finalists U.S. and Mexico Square off Friday on FS1, Univision - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Portland Timbers - October 22, 2020
- Sounders FC Trade Handwalla Bwana to Nashville SC for Jimmy Medranda
- Sounders FC and San Jose Earthquakes Play to Gritty Stalemate in Northern California
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at San Jose Earthquakes - October 18, 2020
- RAVE Foundation Celebrates Opening of New Mini Pitch at Valley View Early Learning Center in SeaTac this Friday and Previews Sounders FC VOTE Tour