MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today announced flex scheduling updates on ESPN and FS1 for Sunday, Sept. 15, which marks the fourth-to-last weekend of the 2019 MLS Regular Season as teams are vying for the final spots in the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs.
As teams jockey for postseason position, broadcasts will include ESPN's coverage of Brian Fernandez and the Portland Timbers hosting Wayne Rooney and D.C. United at 3:30 PM ET. Later in the day, FS1 will air the LA Galaxy, led by Zlatan Ibrahimovi?, hosting Sporting Kansas City in a Western Conference showdown at 10 PM ET.
Portland Timbers vs. D.C. United (3:30 PM ET Sept. 15, ESPN / ESPN Deportes)
LA Galaxy vs. Sporting Kansas City (10 PM ET Sept. 15, FS1 / FOX Deportes)
Flex broadcast scheduling during the final month of the regular season allows national broadcast partners to select the most compelling matches and pivotal moments throughout the league. MLS' national broadcast partners will also take advantage of the flex schedule process on Sept. 22 and 29.
The 2019 regular season caps off with MLS Decision Day presented by AT&T on Sunday, Oct. 6, with 12 simultaneous matches featuring all 24 MLS clubs.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 3, 2019
- Seven Additional Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Paredes, Zambrano, Flores Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Announces Flex Scheduling Change for September 15 Sounders FC Match vs. New York Red Bulls - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time, Broadcast Changes for Timbers' September 15 Home Match against D.C. United - Portland Timbers
- Defender A.J. DeLaGarza to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Right Foot Fracture - Houston Dynamo FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Terrebonne this Friday, September 6 - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - MLS
- MLS Flex Schedule Showcases Push to Audi MLS Cup Playoffs During ESPN, FS1 Broadcasts on Sunday, September 15 - D.C. United
- Whitecaps FC Acquire 2022 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Inter Miami CF for David Norman - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United FC Forward Mason Toye Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Mason Toye Named Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money and Draft Pick from Chicago Fire - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Exchanges General Allocation Money (GAM) with Minnesota United FC - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 3, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls International Round-Up; Six Received Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Gold Cup Finalists U.S. and Mexico Square off Friday on FS1, Univision - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United and Audi Continue Shared Commitment to Sustainability with First-Of-Its-Kind Theme Match at Audi Field on October 27
- D.C. United Lose 3-2 to New England Revolution at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 against Nashville SC at Audi Field
- D.C. United Strengthen Business Operations Executive Team with Appointments of Jeff Ajluni and Kevin Griffin
- D.C. United Win 3-1 against Minnesota United FC at Audi Field