"Welcome to HoKCey Town" - Missouri Mavericks Unveil New Brand Campaign
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Sept. 10, 2015) - The Missouri Mavericks revealed the new face of their ECHL hockey franchise on Thursday morning, welcoming loyal fans and new fans to "HoKCey Town."
"The vintage look speaks to Kansas City's hockey history, while at the same time, possessing a modern feel that I think our younger fans will embrace," said Lamar Hunt Jr., President and Owner of the Missouri Mavericks.
The Mavericks primary logos, colors, and mascots will remain consistent with the established brand of the previous six seasons.
"We wanted to continue to build upon the strong foundation of the Mavericks brand with something that the entire Kansas City region can relate to and feel ownership in," said Brent Thiessen, General Manager of the Missouri Mavericks. "This team has always been about creating access and experiences that are unique to the professional sports scene. We are excited to include everyone throughout KC who has helped build up this brand and the sport of hockey throughout our existence."
The HoKCey Town campaign officially launches with a two-story window display at the Mavericks' home arena, the Independence Events Center, which will be installed Thursday. The Mavericks new look will be highlighted in the look of their new mobile app (coming October 2015), through introduction of new team merchandise, and with a forty-foot KCATA bus, presented by RideKC.org.
The Mavericks spent the last several months working with local companies such as Propaganda 3, Liquid 9 and Charlie Hustle to bring the "HoKCey Town" project to life.
Fans will be able to own a piece of HoKCey Town this weekend when the Mavericks give away limited edition jumbo rally towels that sport the new look to the first 1,000 fans in attendance to the annual Fan Fest event. Fan Fest will be held in the main arena bowl at Independence Events Center from 11:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12th. Fans may enter through the South arena doors beginning at 10:45a.m.
The Mavericks begin their 2015-16 campaign on the road in Anchorage, Alaska for their first-ever matchup against the Alaska Aces. Fans interested in making the trip north with the Mavs can contact our partners at Cruise Planners at email@example.com or 816-796-9400 for a special Mavs travel package!
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Independence Events Center. Single game tickets and mini pack plans are on sale now! Visit TicketMaster.com or call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 10, 2015
- IceMen Hosting Free Agent Camp this Weekend in Evansville - Evansville IceMen
- Construction Forces Aces/SMG Race to Goose Lake - Alaska Aces
- Single Game Tickets Go on Sale Friday, September 18th - Colorado Eagles
- Atlanta Gladiators Single Game Tickets Now on Sale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Sign Cody Freeman - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans to Participate in Third Annual Chase for the Cup Triathlon this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Mallards Open Training Camp October 2 - Quad City Mallards
- From Italy to Aces...Traversa Signs Contract - Alaska Aces
- John-Scott Dickson Accepts Assistant Coaching Position for 2015-16 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ehrhardt Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Sign Returner DeBlois and Goalie Dekanich - South Carolina Stingrays
- All-Star Defenseman Bowman Back in Eagles Fold - Colorado Eagles
- Full Season Ticket Holder Celebration and Player Meet & Greet Set - Reading Royals
- Kalamazoo Named Host City for 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week - ECHL
- Walleye to Participate in 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Kalamazoo Named Host City of 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Sign Scoring Threat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- "Welcome to HoKCey Town" - Missouri Mavericks Unveil New Brand Campaign - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Finish Three-In-Three Weekend with Loss in Wichita
- Mavericks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Commanding 5-1 Win over Fort Wayne
- Mavs Take Third Straight against Thunder with Stifling 4-1 Win
- Mavs Monday: KC Makes Headway with Weekend Sweep in Wichita
- Mavericks Teddy Bear Toss this Saturday