All-Star Defenseman Bowman Back in Eagles Fold
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles announced Thursday that they have re-signed defenseman Collin Bowman for the 2015-16 season. The Littleton, Colorado native finished second among all ECHL defensemen last season in goal scoring, netting 15 goals for the Eagles. In total, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound blueliner posted 38 points and 82 penalty minutes in 48 games with Colorado. He would also finish the year with a plus-minus rating of plus-28, good for 6th in the league among defensemen. It would also earn him a spot on the 2014-15 ECHL All-Star Team.
"The Eagles have such a great organization, everything is top-notch and they've treated me so well in the past, it was an easy decision to return," said Bowman. "We have a lot of really good players coming back, so I'm looking forward to getting it going again."
In addition to his 48 games in the ECHL last season, Bowman also appeared in 21 AHL games with the Iowa Wild. During that time, he would generate seven points and 21 penalty minutes. In total, Bowman has appeared in 117 regular season games with the Eagles, registering 26 goals, 46 assists and 184 penalty minutes. He has also seen action in 66 additional ECHL contests with stops in San Francisco and Bakersfield during the 2013-14 season.
"Collin is without question one of the best defensemen in this league," said Eagles head coach and general manager Chris Stewart. "Every year his game seems to improve in all aspects and we're looking forward to him being an anchor along our blue line next season."
Season tickets for the 2015-16 season are on-sale now and can be reserved with a $50 deposit per seat by calling the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
The 2015-16 regular season home schedule kicks off on Friday, October 16th when the Eagles host the Utah Grizzlies. A complete schedule can be found at www.ColoradoEagles.com.
Images from this story
Colorado Eagles Defenseman Collin Bowman
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 10, 2015
- IceMen Hosting Free Agent Camp this Weekend in Evansville - Evansville IceMen
- Construction Forces Aces/SMG Race to Goose Lake - Alaska Aces
- Single Game Tickets Go on Sale Friday, September 18th - Colorado Eagles
- Atlanta Gladiators Single Game Tickets Now on Sale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Sign Cody Freeman - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans to Participate in Third Annual Chase for the Cup Triathlon this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Mallards Open Training Camp October 2 - Quad City Mallards
- From Italy to Aces...Traversa Signs Contract - Alaska Aces
- John-Scott Dickson Accepts Assistant Coaching Position for 2015-16 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ehrhardt Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Sign Returner DeBlois and Goalie Dekanich - South Carolina Stingrays
- All-Star Defenseman Bowman Back in Eagles Fold - Colorado Eagles
- Full Season Ticket Holder Celebration and Player Meet & Greet Set - Reading Royals
- Kalamazoo Named Host City for 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week - ECHL
- Walleye to Participate in 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Kalamazoo Named Host City of 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Sign Scoring Threat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- "Welcome to HoKCey Town" - Missouri Mavericks Unveil New Brand Campaign - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- O'Connor Lifts Colorado to OT Win in Penalty-Filled Contest
- Dries Registers 'Gordie Howe Hat Trick' in Eagles 3-2 Shootout Win
- Defenseman Kevin Connauton Reassigned to Eagles
- Eagles Recall Goaltender Hunter Miska from Grizzlies
- Eagles Roar Back for 4-3 OT Win over Ontario