Weekly: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Making a Habit of Sudden-Death Overtime
Friday, Nov. 1 - PENGUINS 4 at Lehigh Valley 3 (SO)
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton pulled out a shootout victory in a tense game against its turnpike rival. The Penguins built a 3-0 lead on goals by Sam Lafferty, Stefan Noesen and Anthony Angello, but the Phantoms stormed back and forced overtime. In the shootout session, the Penguins were perfect, using conversions from Noesen and Joseph Blandisi to get the win.
Saturday, Nov. 2 - PENGUINS 3 at Springfield 4 (SO)
Despite out-shooting the Thunderbirds, 44-22, in regulation and overtime, the Penguins' never managed to dispatch of their opponent and lost in a six-round shootout. Blandisi tallied twice for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in regulation, and Dustin Tokarski recorded 19 saves in his Penguins debut.
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, Nov. 6 - PENGUINS at Lehigh Valley
The Pens and Phantoms reset for a rematch of their bout from Friday. The season series is even at one win apiece for both sides, and both of the previous games were on Lehigh Valley's home ice. The Penguins are 19-10-1-2 all-time at PPL Center.
Friday, Nov. 8 - PENGUINS at Utica
The AHL's top two goal scorers go head-to-head when the Penguins visit the Comets. Stefan Noesen leads the league with 11 goals, while Utica's Reid Boucher sits in second place with 10 tallies. Seven of the last nine games between the Penguins and Comets were decided by one goal and five of those games went to overtime.
Saturday, Nov. 9 - PENGUINS vs. Syracuse
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton squares off with Syracuse for the first time this season, and it will be Stranger Things Night at Mohegan Sun Arena. The two clubs split their season series last year and both of those games required overtime.
- Stefan Noesen joins Chris Minard (2008-09) as the only players to score 10 or more goals in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's first 10 games of a season. However, Noesen is the first player in team history to score 10 goals in his first 10 games as a Penguin.
- Noesen has scored the most goals in the AHL (11), and he is also tied for the second-highest point total in the league (14).
- Andrew Agozzino is on a seven-game point streak, amassing eight points (3G-7A) in that time.
- Rookie defenseman Jon Lizotte is on a career-high four-game point streak, and he has recorded back-to-back multi-point games.
TEAM GP W L OTL SOL PTS Pts%
1. Hartford 12 8 1 0 3 19 .792
2. Springfield 12 8 4 0 0 16 .667
3. Providence 13 7 4 0 2 16 .615
4. Hershey 12 6 4 1 1 14 .583
5. Lehigh Valley 10 4 2 1 3 12 .600
6. PENGUINS 11 5 4 1 1 12 .545
7. Charlotte 10 4 5 1 0 9 .450
8. Bridgeport 12 2 7 2 1 7 .292
SKATERS GP G A PTS
Stefan Noesen 11 11 3 12
Andrew Agozzino 10 3 8 11
David Warsofksy 11 1 8 9
Sam Miletic 11 1 5 6
Jon Lizotte* 10 0 6 6
GOALIES GP W-L-OT GAA SV% Shutouts
Casey DeSmith 8 4-3-0 3.36 .882 0
Emil Larmi* 3 1-1-1 4.05 .882 0
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Wed, Nov. 6 Lehigh Valley PPL Center 7:05 p.m.
Fri, Nov. 7 Utica Adirondack Bank Center 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov. 9 Syracuse Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Tue, Oct. 31 (C) Sam Lafferty Reassigned by PIT
Tue, Oct. 31 (RW) Brandon Hawkins Reassigned to WHL
DATE LOCATION TIME
Wed, Nov. 6 Pre-game Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
GAME PPL Center 7:05 p.m.
Thu, Nov. 7 Practice Adirondack Bank Center 1:15 p.m.
Fri, Nov. 8 Pre-game Adirondack Bank Center 11:15 a.m.
GAME Adirondack Bank Center 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov. 9 Pre-game Mohegan Sun Arena 10:00 a.m.
GAME Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Nov. 10 DAY OFF
Mon, Nov. 11 Practice Toyota SportsPlex 10:00 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2019
- Iowa Wild Recalls Dmitry Sokolov from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Admirals to Host 8,000 Kids for Baird School Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Free IceHogs Tickets for Military Members on Saturday, November 16 - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Weekly #5: Hershey Braces for Divisional Foes this Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners to Make November Community Appearances - Tucson Roadrunners
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Coyotes Recall Capobianco from Tucson; Assign Chaput to Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Red Wings Recall McIlrath, Griffins Call up McCrea - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Name Airman First Class Leonard J. Graf Honorary Captain for Military Appreciation Night November 8 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Home Friday and Saturday for Two Big Promotions - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals to Hold Three Drives this Holiday Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Benefiting Upstate Cancer Center November 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Return to the Van for Three Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Washington Capitals' John Carlson Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - Hershey Bears
- Weekly: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Making a Habit of Sudden-Death Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Washington Capitals' John Carlson Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.