Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92
SOUTHAVEN, M.S. - The Santa Cruz Warriors (14-10) fell to the Memphis Hustle (18-6) Monday night at Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi, 122-92.
The Hustle started the game with an 11-0 run in the wire-to-wire victory before Golden State Warriors two-way guard Ky Bowman put the Sea Dubs on the board. The Warriors gave up a season-high 79 first half points and faced a season-high 43-point deficit at the break. The Hustle extended the lead to as many as 48 points (95-47) in the second half, giving the Warriors their largest deficit of this season.
Bowman finished with 17 points in 33 minutes, while Andrew Harrison led the Warriors with 18 points. Both Juan Toscano-Anderson (10 points, 10 rebounds) and Deyonta Davis (10 points, 13 rebounds) tallied double-doubles in the loss.
The Memphis Grizzlies had three players on assignment with the Hustle, with all three scoring in double figures-Josh Jackson (17 points), Bruno Caboclo (15 points) and Marko Guduric (20 points). Dusty Hannahs finished with a game-high 21 points.
The Warriors will next travel to Des Moines, Iowa, to take on the Iowa Wolves on Wednesday, January 15 at 5 p.m. PST at Wells Fargo Arena. The Warriors will return to Kaiser Permanente Arena on Saturday, January 18, for a 7 p.m. PST tip against the Oklahoma City Blue. The first 1,500 fans in the building will receive a Santa Cruz Warriors scarf courtesy of Mackenzies Chocolates.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Jordan Poole Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Vaccination Site
- Axel Toupane Signs Two-Way Contract with Milwaukee Bucks
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Donate 50,280 Meals to Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Warriors Season Ends with Loss to Magic, 108-96