Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Capital City Go-Go, 113-105, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Monday night. The loss snapped a three-game losing streak thanks to the scoring efforts from Walt Lemon Jr. and Daxter Miles Jr.
Lemon ended the night with 25 points, nine rebounds and seven assists. He is now one point shy of reaching 2,000 points in his Mad Ant-regular season career.
In his second game since being traded from Northern Arizona, Miles led all bench scorers with 21 points in more than 32 minutes of action.
Both teams overcame a slow start, which yielded an 18-18 tie after the first quarter and Fort Wayne (10-14) would take a 48-47 lead in the locker room.
Neither team led by double digits all night and Fort Wayne built its largest lead of the night at 68-59 with 4:26 left in the third quarter.
Capital City (10-13) regained the lead momentarily during the final quarter until a Ben Moore putback with 7:54 left in the game saw Fort Wayne regain control the rest of the way.
Moore tallied a career-high 20 rebounds to go along with 17 points, four blocked shots and three assists.
Capital City was paced by 24 points from Admiral Schofield, who was on assignment from the Washington Wizards, for his seventh 20-point performance this season.
Jalen Jones added 19 points and nine rebounds for the Go-Go.
The Mad Ants outrebounded Capital City 66-53 on the night. Fort Wayne's 66 rebounds were good for the second most rebounds collected in a regular season game in franchise history.
Fort Wayne heads east to take on Long Island on Wednesday night, while Capital City will host Raptors 905 on Wednesday as well.
The Mad Ants are back at home on Friday against Greensboro.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants' Tim Bawmann to be Inducted into Futures League Hall of Fame
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne