Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905
COLLEGE PARK - The College Park Skyhawks used a season-high 19 three-pointers as a team and a career-best game from Jordan Sibert to beat the Raptors 905 at home today, 123-119.Â Â With the win, the Skyhawks improve to 15-10 overall and extend their winning streak to four games. Video highlights of the game can be found here.
Playing without two-way players Charlie Brown, Jr. and Brandon Goodwin and big man Nick Ward (right knee injury), the Skyhawks got off to a quick start. College Park knocked down five three-pointers in the opening quarter to take a 35-18 lead into the second, but the Raptors responded with an 11-3 run to cut into the deficit. After the Raptors pulled within one, Mark Ogden, Jr. and Tahjere McCall each finished and-one plays to put College Park up 57-50 at the half. The visitors managed to trim the lead to one point in the third, before Sibert responded with a timely three-pointer to diffuse the threat. The Raptors made a run again in the fourth, trailing 119-116, but McCall and Kenny Gabriel each knocked down two free throws to help College Park secure its fourth straight win.
Sibert led the way for College Park, recording a career-high 35 points on 9-12 shooting from beyond the arc. Sixteen of his points came in the third quarter. Armoni Brooks scored a career-high 24 points off the bench and was 6-10 from three, while Marcus Derrickson added 16 points. McCall finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists, nearing a triple-double in the process. Cat Barber added 12 points and eight assists, while Gabriel scored 13 off the bench. As a team, the Skyhawks knocked down a season-best 19 three-pointers (19-36) and were 12-14 from the line.
"We stayed focused and kept talking (as a team)," said Sibert. "Today was a great example of everyone taking advantage of our opportunities and capitalizing. To get ready for Grand Rapids (on Wednesday), we can improve on defensive lapses and offensively, we can always improve. But we're winning. Winning is more of a mentality and we want to keep it rolling."
The Southeast Division-leading Skyhawks return to action on Wednesday, taking on the Grand Rapids Drive. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Gateway Center Arena @ College Park.Â For more information on the Skyhawks inaugural season and to register for updates, please visitÂ CPSkyhawks.com. Fans can stay up to date on team news by followingÂ @CPSkyhawksÂ on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent College Park Skyhawks Stories
- Skyhawks Take Part in Community Clean-Up Event on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Atlanta's Own Mr. 2-17 to Headline Skyhawks 'Faith & Family' Night on Friday, January 24 vs. Lakeland Magic
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905
- Skyhawks Take Down Division Rival Lakeland at Home