Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week
PORTLAND, Maine - The NBA G League announced today that Maine Red Claws guard Tremont Waters has been named NBA G League Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 12. This is the second time Waters has received this award; he was also named NBA G League Player of the Month for November 2019.
Waters, a Two-Way Player with the Red Claws, helped Maine to its second 5-game winning streak of the season, including 2 wins last week. Waters scored a team-high 30 points in Thursday's win over Capital City, and dished out 14 assists in Saturday's win over Grand Rapids. On the week, Waters averaged 23.5 points, 1.5 rebounds, 10.5 assists and 3.0 steals. The Red Claws are 15-6 on the season, and 14-3 with Waters in the lineup.
Waters was the 51st overall selection by Boston in the 2019 NBA Draft, signing a Two-Way Contract with the Celtics over the summer. He is averaging 20.8 points, 3.0 rebounds, 8.1 assists and 2.4 steals in 17 games with the Red Claws. Waters has played in 5 games with the Celtics, averaging 4.4 points in 7.9 minutes per game.
The Red Claws look to make it 6 straight wins Tuesday night at Erie. The Red Claws return home Thursday for a showdown with first place Salt Lake City. Tickets are available starting at just $8 by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.