Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort
The Windy City Bulls organization, presented by BMO Harris Bank, has introduced several fundraising events that will occur this month to raise funds for the Australian Red Cross who is leading the relief efforts following the ongoing devastating fires plaguing the Australian continent. Windy City's Head Coach Damian Cotter is a native of Melbourne, Australia and the organization has worked with him, and the Australian Consulate-General to identify opportunities to lend support.
The team identified several fundraising initiatives leading up to Australia Day on January 26, one of the region's biggest holidays, to raise funds to be donated to the Australian Red Cross, including the following programs:
$10 of each ticket purchased via the following dedicated fundraising website for our Saturday, January 25 home game vs. the Grand Rapids Drive will be donated: fevo.me/wcbaustralianredcross.
The organization is hosting an online silent auction from January 26- February 1 featuring Chicago Bulls and Windy City Bulls memorabilia with 100% of the proceeds donated. The auction includes game worn jerseys from the Windy City Bulls, signed memorabilia from current and past Chicago Bulls greats, and unique experiences at future Windy City Bulls games.
25 limited edition Windy City Bulls bobblehead dolls will each be available for a $50 donation during the Windy City home game on Saturday, January 25.
100% of proceeds raised from Windy City's popular post-game Launch-A-Ball program during three games this month will be donated. The game allows fans attending Windy City games to toss soft basketballs onto the court and attempt to land those in buckets representing numerous prizes.
The unprecedented current outbreak of bushfires throughout Australia, including Cotter's native Melbourne region in Southeast Australia, have burned 17.9 million acres to this point, destroyed wildlife habitats on a widespread level, and led to the deaths of 28 people including volunteer firefighters. The Australian Red Cross (redcross.org.au) is spearheading relief efforts in the communities that have been affected and is assisting both human and animal victims of the disaster.
The Windy City Bulls are the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls and plays its 24-game home schedule at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, IL. The team is currently in its fourth season in the 28-team NBA G League. For more information about the team's fundraising opportunities, please visit windycitybulls.com or contact Joe Kessenich, Manager, Communications, at 847.396.9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112