Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143
The Stockton Kings (14-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the Iowa Wolves (12-13), the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, by a score of 163-143. Iowa forward Kelan Martin had a game-high 39 points. Sacramento Kings assignment player, forward Wenyen Gabriel led Stockton in scoring with 37 points as the Stockton Kings shot .656 percent from the field in their win at Stockton Arena. Stockton's 163 points tonight are the most points scored in a G League game this season.
In the first quarter, Gabriel posted 12 points for Stockton. Iowa forward Kelan Martin added 11 points for the Wolves. Sacramento Kings assignment player Justin James scored 15 of his 30 points, shooting 5-of-6 from the field in the first half. In the second quarter, Stockton shot .625 percent from the field, heading into halftime ahead 71-62.
In the third quarter, Martin scored 22 points, shooting 7-of-11 from the field and 6-of-8 from three-point range for Iowa. Stockton shot .818 percent from three-point range, shooting 9-of-11 from beyond the arch and .760 percent from the field as Gabriel added 15 points, shooting 6-of-7 from the field and 3-of-3 from three-point range.
Stockton center Eric Mika's 14 points in the fourth quarter helped Stockton reach their largest lead of the game - by 28 points. Mika shot 6-of-7 from the field. In the final minutes of the fourth quarter, Stockton went on a 15-0 run to give themselves a 28-point lead with two minutes remaining in regulation.
Stockton saw seven players in double-figures, including Sacramento Kings assignment players Gabriel and James, who both added 30+ points. Gabriel had a double-double tonight with 37 points, 11 rebounds and three assists. James added 30 points and five rebounds. Mika contributed 24 points shooting 10-of-15 from the field, and twelve rebounds with ten coming from the defensive end. Overall, the team had 31 assists demonstrating team effort.
Martin had a game-high 39 points and three rebounds. Guard Jaylen Nowell added 18 points, six rebounds, and six assists.
Stockton will be back home next week to host the Austin Spurs on Tuesday, January 14, at 7 p.m. Then, on Friday, January 17, the Stockton Kings will host Kings Collide Night as they take on the Oklahoma Blue, wearing special throwback Sacramento Kings themed jerseys. Fans will be able to bid on the jerseys following the game with all proceeds benefitting the YMCA of San Joaquin County.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2020
- Warriors Fall to Hustle, 122-92 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Run Past Warriors to Start Homestand - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Overcome Slow Start to Beat Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Windy City Bulls Announce Fundraisers for Australian Bushfire Relief Effort - Windy City Bulls
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Maine Red Claws
- Memphis Hustle Begin Seven-Game Homestand Tonight at 7 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905 - College Park Skyhawks
- Cavaliers Waive Levi Randolph - Canton Charge
- Jazz and Stars to Host Math Hoops Live for Students - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Announce Black History Month Essay Contest and Community Conversation for Saturday, February 1 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire Jahmal McMurray - Texas Legends
- Vipers to Host "I Am" Camp - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118