Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans had a rough night at the office, giving up 10 goals on Friday night in a 10-4 loss to the Utah Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies jumped on the Americans early by scoring four goals in the first period, two from Utah forward Josh Dickinson, who went on to score a hat trick for the second game in a row.
Allen lost starting goalie Dereck Baribeau early in the game with a lower body injury, after giving up the first goal just 34 seconds into the game. Utah scored 9 goals on 31 shots and scored 8 goals over the first forty minutes of the game.
The Americans had one stretch late in the second period where they turned it on, scoring three goals in a ninety second span to cut the lead to 8-4, however Utah took the game back over in the third and went on beat Allen 10-4.
"We gave up ten goals tonight, there's a lot to learn in a game like that," said Americans forward Shawn O'Donnell. "We're in game 3 of the year, there's a lot of time left to learn and correct those mistakes."
Josh Dickinson had four shots on net, scoring on three of those shots to earn the number one star of the game. Utah went 3 for 7 on the power play, while the Americans were 0 for 3.
The same two clubs meet tomorrow night at 7:05 pm. The Allen Event Center Box Office opens at 10:00 am. Call 972-912-1000 for information.
1. UTA - J. Dickinson
2. UTA - T. Barron
3. UTA - R. Wagner
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2019
- Kallgren Earns First ECHL Win as Rush Sweep Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Close Weekend with Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Edge Fuel in Last Minute Win - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Get More Last Minute Magic in 4-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Blown Leads Doom Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Rally from Three Goals Down But Run out of Gas in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Tallies Second Straight Win over Swamp Rabbits - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Americans Beat Utah in Overtime to Earn Weekend Split - Allen Americans
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m. - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 5-4 in Overtime in Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Drop Fourth Straight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Make Triumphant Return to Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Three Second Period Goals Propel Florida to a 4-2 Win over Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Parks Earns First ECHL Shutout in 5-0 Rush Win - Rapid City Rush
- Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit
- Riley Gill's #30 to be Retired December 19th
- Allen Americans Build Marketing Unit with Tyler Vertin & Casey Rusnak
- Americans Welcome Back Former Kelly Cup Winner Dyson Stevenson
- Goalie CJ Motte Returns to Allen After a Season in Europe