Grizzlies Lose 5-4 in Overtime in Allen
Allen, Texas - The Utah Grizzlies lost 5-4 in overtime to the Allen Americans on Saturday night as Gabriel Gagne scored the game winner 1:18 into overtime.
Utah's Josh Dickinson scored his 7th goal of the week 12:01 into the first period. That tied the game 1-1 after Shawn O'Donnell gave Allen an early 1-0 lead on a power play goal. Olivier Archambault scored late in the first period and Gagne scored midway through the second period to give Allen a 3-1 lead.
The Grizzlies scored 3 goals in the final 6 minutes of the second period to take a 4-3 lead after 2 period. Cole Cassels scored 14:42 into the second. Travis Barron scored 16:27 into the frame to tie up the game. Barron has scored a goal in each of Utah's 5 games this season. Tim McGauley gave Utah a lead with 1:29 left in the second.
Allen's Stepan Falkovsky tied up the game 5:59 into the third. Utah outshot Allen 42 to 26 in the game. Utah went 0 for 5 on the power play and was 3 for 4 on the PK.
Cassels ended the night with 1 goal and 2 assists. Cassels has 7 assists in the first 5 games of the season. Travis Barron had 1 goal and 1 assist. Barron is second in the league with 6 goals, trailing only teammate Josh Dickinson, who has 7.
Utah ends the weekend series with 3 of a possible 4 standings points. Next game is on Friday, October 25th at Rapid City. 7:05 pm face-off at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. Next home game for the Grizz is on November 2nd vs Idaho.
1. Gabriel Gagne (Allen) - 2 goals, GWG.
2. Olivier Archambault (Allen) - 1 goal, 2 assists.
3. Cole Cassels (Utah) - 1 goal, 2 assists.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2019
- Kallgren Earns First ECHL Win as Rush Sweep Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Close Weekend with Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Edge Fuel in Last Minute Win - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Get More Last Minute Magic in 4-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Blown Leads Doom Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Rally from Three Goals Down But Run out of Gas in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Tallies Second Straight Win over Swamp Rabbits - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Americans Beat Utah in Overtime to Earn Weekend Split - Allen Americans
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m. - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 5-4 in Overtime in Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Drop Fourth Straight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Make Triumphant Return to Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Three Second Period Goals Propel Florida to a 4-2 Win over Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Parks Earns First ECHL Shutout in 5-0 Rush Win - Rapid City Rush
- Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.