Oilers Drop Fourth Straight
TULSA, OK - The Oilers lost to Rapid City 5-0 at the BOK Center on Saturday night.
It took until the 6:21 mark of the second period for either team to find the back of the net, but once Dane Birks gave Rapid City the lead, they would never relinquish it. Brennan Saulnier doubled the Rush lead just seconds later on his first goal of the season.
Forwards Deven Sideroff and Mike McKee both picked up five-minute major penalties halfway through the third period. Giovanni Fiore scored a goal on the five-on-three power play 12:58 into the final frame, and Peter Quenneville followed up exactly 30 seconds later. Alex Rauter scored the third goal of the extended power play at the 14:16 mark of the final frame.
Tulsa closes out the three-in-three weekend with a rubber match against the Rush at 4:05 on Sunday. Tulsa will then host Kansas City on Tuesday at 7:05 before making their first overnight road trip, traveling to Wheeling on Friday and Kalamazoo on Saturday.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers face off with the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2019
- Kallgren Earns First ECHL Win as Rush Sweep Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Close Weekend with Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Edge Fuel in Last Minute Win - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Get More Last Minute Magic in 4-3 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Blown Leads Doom Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Rally from Three Goals Down But Run out of Gas in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Atlanta Tallies Second Straight Win over Swamp Rabbits - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Americans Beat Utah in Overtime to Earn Weekend Split - Allen Americans
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m. - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Lose 5-4 in Overtime in Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Drop Fourth Straight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Make Triumphant Return to Fort Wayne - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Three Second Period Goals Propel Florida to a 4-2 Win over Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Parks Earns First ECHL Shutout in 5-0 Rush Win - Rapid City Rush
- Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.