Tyler Glasnow Named International League Pitcher of the Week
DUBLIN, Ohio - Indianapolis Indians starting pitcher Tyler Glasnow has been named the International League Pitcher of the Week for the period of April 25-May 1, league officials announced on Monday.
In two starts last week, Glasnow worked a combined 11.0 scoreless innings and surrendered just four hits while striking out 18 batters. He went 2-0 in that span while vaulting to the top of the Triple-A leaderboard in total strikeouts (37), currently pacing both the IL and Pacific Coast League. Glasnow also leads the IL in K/9 (12.81) and is tied for third in opponent batting average (.187).
Glasnow's two latest starts contributed to Indianapolis' current run of dominant starting pitching that has seen Tribe starters surrender just one run in their last 35 innings combined and make 10 consecutive starts in which they've allowed one run or less.
In five starts this season, Glasnow has gone 2-1 while compiling a 2.08 ERA. Baseball America listed the 6'8" hurler as the Pirates' top prospect and placed him 14th overall on its Top 100 Prospects list. MLBPipeline.com ranked him as the second-best right-handed pitching prospect in baseball entering 2016.
The Indians are in action tonight as they host the Durham Bulls. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 2, 2016
- Robertson Paces Bulls to 9-2 Win at Victory Field - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Roll over Braves in Game One Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bats Win on Kyle Waldrop Walk-Off, 1-0 - Louisville Bats
- Entire Lineup Delivers in 8-3 Win over IronPigs - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bisons Score Late for 5-3 Win over RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Three-Run Sixth Costs Pigs in 8-3 Loss - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Toledoâ??s Three-Run Sixth Dooms G-Braves - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Best RailRiders, 5-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Chiefs Clip Red Wings for Eighth Straight Home Win - Syracuse Mets
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Begin Series with Pawtucket - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Martinez Named Batavia Downs Player of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre at Buffalo (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Tyler Glasnow Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Ticket Information Regarding May 1 Postponement - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Marvel Named Pittsburgh's Minor League Pitcher of the Year
- Indianapolis Indians Release 2020 Schedule
- Owen Tabbed as Indy's Pirates Community Commitment Award Winner
- That's Marvel-Ous: Big Game James to Make MLB Debut Today
- Four Indians Headed to Pittsburgh as September Call-Ups