Tulsa slides past Amarillo
Tulsa, OK - The Amarillo Gorillas were not able to hold off the Tulsa Oilers attack Saturday night, losing 6-3.
The Gorillas found the twine first in the opening period, as defenseman Jake Obermeyer took a feed from forward Jason Chafe while coming out of the penalty box. It took Obermeyer two shots on net during his breakaway bid, as he earned his seventh goal of the season. Tulsa forward T.J. Caig added a rebound goal less than two minutes later. Amarillo 1 Tulsa 1 after one period of play.
Tulsa grasped the opening goal of the second period when forward Troy Riddle smacked his shot past Gorillas goaltender Tuomas Lohtander at the 6:48 mark. Amarillo countered at the 10:15 mark when forward David Nimmo deflected a Jake Obermeyer shot past Tulsa netminder Trevor Cann. Tulsa fired back with three unanswered goals in the final 6:39 of the period and led 5-2 after two periods of play.
David Nimmo added a power-play goal in the third, but it wasn't enough. After a Tulsa empty net goal, the final score Tulsa 6 Amarillo 3.
Jake Obermeyer has 3 points over his last 2 games...David Nimmo's two goal effort gives the forward 5 goals over his last 5 tilts...goaltender Tuomas Lohtander has started 7 of Amarillo's last 9 contests.
The Gorillas return home tonight to take on the Arizona Sundogs on Valentine's Day. The puck drops at 4pm CST in the Amarillo Civic and show tickets are only $10 each! Call 806-242-PUCK (7825).
The AMARILLO GORILLAS are offering $10 tickets for the remaining for the season! Call our office at (806) 242-PUCK (7825) for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2010
- IceRays knock out Mudbugs and cancer on Pink in the Rink night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas send Americans across town with a loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sellan's Hat-Trick Propels Mavericks to 6-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Undoes 'Bugs in Corpus - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Score Two in Third To Best Bees - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Wins Fourth Straight Road Game, Tops Thunder, 2-1, in Shootout - Arizona Sundogs
- Sellan, Mavericks Stop RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tulsa slides past Amarillo - Amarillo Gorillas
- Thunder Edged by Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Help Raise A record Breaking $60,000 For the Fight Against Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- RiverKings Meet Mavericks In Missouri Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight's Match Up - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs To Celebrate Mardi Gras, Face IceRays Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Look To Bounce Back Tonight In Rio - Laredo Bucks
- Jaeger Slams Door To Catapult Brahmas Over Laredo In Standings - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Game On: Brahmas And Bucks Faceoff Tonight At NYTEX On $1 Coke Night - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Get Big 5-3 Win In Rio Grande Valley - Corpus Christi IceRays
- IceRays Announce Schedule Change - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Central Hockey League Introduces Game Live - CHL
- Oilers Edge RiverKings In Overtime - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Start Three-Game Weekend In Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.