Tonight's Match Up
*Monkeying Around:* The Tulsa Oilers square off against the Amarillo Gorillas tonight, in Amarillo's final visit to the BOK Center this season.
*Records: *Oilers are 23-20-3 with 49 points in fifth place in the North Conference.
Amarillo is 17-24-7 for 41 points in sixth place in the South Conference.
*Season Series: *This is the third of four meetings between the two teams. The home team has won each of the previous contests, with the Oilers winning 2-1 at the BOK Center on December 18 and Amarillo claiming a 3-1 win on January 3. Following tonight's game the teams will play once more in Amarillo, a school day contest at 11 a.m. on March 10^th.
*Recent Action: *The Oilers are coming off their second straight overtime game, and third one goal game in a row. They beat Mississippi last night 3-2 with Dan Riedel scoring a power play goal just 54 seconds into the extra session. Amarillo also went into overtime last night losing to Allen, 6-5. It was the sixth straight loss for Amarillo which is 0-5-1 in that stretch.
*Five Alive:* Riedel's goal last night, not only gave the Oilers the win, it also stretched his scoring streak to five games, and his goal scoring streak to three games. Over the streak Riedel has three goals and three assists for six points. On the season he now has 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points.
*Check The Number: *Prior to last night's game the Oilers activated left wing Brett Liscomb from injured reserve. He also had a uniform number change from number 10 to number 19.
*Pink In The Rink:* The Oilers are wearing special jerseys tonight as a fund raiser for the Komen Tulsa Foundation, to aid in breast cancer treatment and research. Following tonight's game there will be an auction of the Oilers Komen jerseys. The auction will take place in the Oneok Club behind section 110. In order to bid, fans need to pick up their bidding card at the fan assistance center.
*Next Up: *The Oilers will conclude a three game homestand on Tuesday when they host the Missouri Mavericks at 7:05 p.m. Amarillo heads home tomorrow to take on Arizona.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2010
- IceRays knock out Mudbugs and cancer on Pink in the Rink night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas send Americans across town with a loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sellan's Hat-Trick Propels Mavericks to 6-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Undoes 'Bugs in Corpus - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Score Two in Third To Best Bees - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Wins Fourth Straight Road Game, Tops Thunder, 2-1, in Shootout - Arizona Sundogs
- Sellan, Mavericks Stop RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tulsa slides past Amarillo - Amarillo Gorillas
- Thunder Edged by Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Help Raise A record Breaking $60,000 For the Fight Against Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- RiverKings Meet Mavericks In Missouri Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight's Match Up - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs To Celebrate Mardi Gras, Face IceRays Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Look To Bounce Back Tonight In Rio - Laredo Bucks
- Jaeger Slams Door To Catapult Brahmas Over Laredo In Standings - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Game On: Brahmas And Bucks Faceoff Tonight At NYTEX On $1 Coke Night - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Get Big 5-3 Win In Rio Grande Valley - Corpus Christi IceRays
- IceRays Announce Schedule Change - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Central Hockey League Introduces Game Live - CHL
- Oilers Edge RiverKings In Overtime - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Start Three-Game Weekend In Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.