Jaeger Slams Door To Catapult Brahmas Over Laredo In Standings
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (February 12)- With ice running through his veins in a pivotal Southern Conference matchup, Texas' goaltender Brett Jaeger notched his second shutout of the season with a 4-0 win over the Laredo Bucks. Texas now owns the third place position in the South.
In his debut with the Brahmas recently acquired forward Matt Pierce fired his first goal in purple and black at the 2:05 mark in the opening period, shelving the puck over Kevin Desfosses in net. A high sticking call on the Bucks gave the Brahmas powerplay unit an opportunity for the two goal lead, and it was Jason Deitsch who netted the goal for his ninth of the season.
Jordan Cameron entered the game riding a six game goal streak, and with six minutes remaining in the period he increased that number to seven with the assist from Tyler Skworchinski. Looking for a change in momentum heavy weights Nathan Perrott and Robin Richards squared up off the faceoff, only to earn time in the box and Brahmas Perrott and early exit due to an unstrapped fight strap on his sweater.
Following a blank scoresheet in the second the Brahmas powerplay heated back up with a goal by defenseman Luke Sellars from the point in the final period. With a third place standing in the South on the line, Laredo proved to not go down easily testing goaltender Brett Jaeger with 11 shots in the third and battled both Sellars and Matt Burto in a round of fisticuffs. Despite the physicality, Jaeger was able to hold off any offense registering his second shutout of the season and fourth straight victory in net.
The Brahmas are back on the ice tomorrow night as they take on their Metroplex nemesis, the Allen Americans, for a 7:05 PM faceoff. For tickets, please contact the Brahmas Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com.
* Jordan Cameron increased his goal scoring streak to seven games, Tyler Skworchinski increased his point streak to four games with an assist in the game and Jason Deitsch's four game scoring streak continues to be active with his goal in the game.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2010
- IceRays knock out Mudbugs and cancer on Pink in the Rink night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas send Americans across town with a loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sellan's Hat-Trick Propels Mavericks to 6-1 Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Undoes 'Bugs in Corpus - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Score Two in Third To Best Bees - Laredo Bucks
- Arizona Wins Fourth Straight Road Game, Tops Thunder, 2-1, in Shootout - Arizona Sundogs
- Sellan, Mavericks Stop RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tulsa slides past Amarillo - Amarillo Gorillas
- Thunder Edged by Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Help Raise A record Breaking $60,000 For the Fight Against Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- RiverKings Meet Mavericks In Missouri Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight's Match Up - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs To Celebrate Mardi Gras, Face IceRays Tomorrow - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Look To Bounce Back Tonight In Rio - Laredo Bucks
- Jaeger Slams Door To Catapult Brahmas Over Laredo In Standings - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Game On: Brahmas And Bucks Faceoff Tonight At NYTEX On $1 Coke Night - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Get Big 5-3 Win In Rio Grande Valley - Corpus Christi IceRays
- IceRays Announce Schedule Change - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Central Hockey League Introduces Game Live - CHL
- Oilers Edge RiverKings In Overtime - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Start Three-Game Weekend In Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.