TinCaps Game Notes: April 10 vs. Dayton (Game 7)
Fort Wayne TinCaps (4-2) v. Dayton Dragons (2-4)
LHP Ryan Weathers vs. LHP Jacob Heatherly
Wednesday, April 10 - Parkview Field (Fort Wayne, IN) - 11:05 AM (Game 7/140)
LISTEN: Mike Maahs (ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn)
WATCH: John Nolan & Evan Stockton (Comcast Network 81 | MiLB.TV)
TUESDAY NIGHT: The TinCaps beat the Dragons in walk-off fashion, 5-4. Fort Wayne trailed 2-0 in the bottom of the eighth inning when Luis Almanzar hit a go-ahead grand slam. After Dayton equalized in the top of the ninth, Xavier Edwards reached base on an error in the home ninth and Dwanya Williams-Sutton drove him in for the win with a double to right-center. It marks the first time this season the 'Caps have won consecutive games.
FOREVER YOUNG: The average age for a TinCaps position player thus far has been 20.1, the youngest in the Midwest League (league average: 21.2). The average age for a 'Caps pitcher is 20.8, also the youngest in the MWL (league average: 22.0). Fort Wayne has had the most youthful lineup in the circuit each of the previous 5 years going back to 2014. The TinCaps had the youngest pitching staff in the league in 2016 and ranked tied for 2nd youngest in '18, 2nd youngest in '17, '13, and '12. According to Baseball America, Justin Lopez is the 5th youngest player in the league right now at 18.
ALMANZAR'S TURNAROUND: In 63 games with the 'Caps in 2018, Luis Almanzar slashed .176/.257/.249 with 2 home runs and 16 RBIs. Through 4 games so far this season, he's at .333/.412/.733 with 2 homers and 7 RBIs. He's tied for the league lead in home runs and 2nd in RBIs.
LITTLE STREAK: Outfielder Grant Little has reached base safely in each of his first 5 starts and is on a 4-game hitting streak that includes 3 hits on Tuesday.
FIRST AT FIRST: Blake Hunt is making his first career start at first base.
RUIZ RED HOT: Outfielder Agustin Ruiz is 9-for-20 (.450 average) with 3 doubles and 3 RBIs. He's hit safely in all 5 games he's played in so far.
NO DOUBLE TROUBLE: Catcher Blake Hunt and outfielder Agustin Ruiz both have 3 doubles - tied for 3rd most in the MWL.
ON THE RUN: Outfielder Grant Little, infielder Xavier Edwards, and infielder Lee Solomon each have 2 stolen bases - tied for 8th most in the MWL.
BIG PATIENCE: Outfielder Jawuan Harris has drawn 5 walks in 6 games - tied for the 7th most BBs in the MWL.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 10, 2019
- Fourth Straight Loss With 9th Inning Meltdown - Clinton LumberKings
- Snappers Fall to Bees 4-2 in a Close Contest - Beloit Snappers
- Bowling Green Shutout on Wednesday 7-0 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Loons Outlast Cubs 9-4 in Marathon Game - South Bend Cubs
- Five Errors Overshadow Late Rally - Kane County Cougars
- Enlow's Strong Start Highlights 5-4 Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wolf Howls in 'Caps Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Four-Run Ninth Helps River Bandits to 7-4 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Oviedo Helps Captains Shutout Hot Rods - Lake County Captains
- Camels Return in Style - Great Lakes Loons
- Early Offense Lifts Whitecaps Past Nuts, 6-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Seijas, Cedeno Lead Chiefs to 4-2 Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Wright State Baseball to Play at Fifth Third Field on May 12 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Dominate Dayton to Win Third Straight - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Timber Rattlers Schedule Five Bark in the Park Events for 2019 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Peoria beats Wisconsin 4-2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Fall in Fort Wayne on Wednesday Afternoon, 12-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Partner with Two Men and a Truck(R) to Help Moms in Need - Kane County Cougars
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 10 vs. Dayton (Game 7) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (11:05 AM Game) - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Earn Split with Game-Two Outburst - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Split Twin Bill with Captains on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- TinCaps to Enhance Parkview Field Experience in 2020
- Former Fort Wayne Players in 2019 MLB Postseason
- 57 Former Fort Wayne Players in Major Leagues in 2019
- Fort Wayne Nominated for Minor League Baseball's Patriot Award
- Fort Wayne Ranks No. 6 Among Minor League Markets