Three-Peat: Romeo Vivit Earns Third Consecutive Equipment Manager of the Year Award
(Rapid City, SD) - The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today the winners of the 2012-13 Athletic Trainer and Equipment Manager of the Year awards as determined from voting among the equipment managers and athletic trainers in the CHL. For the third consecutive season, Rapid City's Romeo Vivit was named Gunner Garrett Equipment Manager of the Year. The Rush have won the award in four of their five seasons as Shawn "Stixy" Smith also won the award in Rapid City's inaugural season of 2008-09.
Vivit is in his fourth season as the equipment manager with the Rush and last year he was the first person to win the award twice and now he breaks his own record by winning the award a third time. The Park Ridge, Illinois native served as the Hockey Director for the City of Rapid City and as a volunteer coach, skills developer and consultant for the Rushmore Thunder Youth Hockey Association.
The National American University (Rapid City, SD) graduate earned 24 points in the voting process garnering half of the first place votes cast.
Arizona's Vince Fedorowich was named Athletic Trainer of the Year, earning 29 points with five first place votes while finishing runner-up was Rapid City's Bobby Moore who had 26 points with four first place votes.
Voting was conducted by the CHL's Hockey Operations department which asked all athletic trainers and equipment managers in the league to rank the top workers in each category, one to three. A first place vote earned five points, a second place vote earned three points and a third place vote earned one point (voters were not permitted to vote for themselves).
Other Rush News:
The Rush for the Cup is back! Don't miss a second of the 2013 CHL Playoffs - reserve your playoff package now through the Rush office, Packages start as low as $150. Get yours now by calling the Rush at 716-PUCK or visiting the guest services booth during any Rush home game.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2013
- Rush Secure Fourth-Consecutive Trip to Postseason Despite 4-2 Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Powers Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards, Genesis Team up to Raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Come Back for 4-2 Win over Cutthroats - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cutthroats Fall to Mavericks in 4-2 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Drop Bloomington 5-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Edge Charge Back But Drop Season Opener - Bloomington Blaze
- Late Tiebreaker Pushes Mallards Past Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Prepare for Home Stretch, Take on Sundogs this Weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Connor Equipment Manager of the Year Runner-Up - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Eric Meland - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fedorowich Receives Top Honor as Trainer of the Year - Arizona Sundogs
- Three-Peat: Romeo Vivit Earns Third Consecutive Equipment Manager of the Year Award - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Announces Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager of the Year - CHL
- Fans Experience Allen Americans Hockey at New Level - Allen Americans
- Oilers Recognized in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Well in the Best of the Best Awards - Allen Americans
- Blaze Receive Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Shine in CHL's 'Best of the Best' Poll - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Rank Near Top of Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Named 13 Times in CHL's Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Rush Faithful Defend Title of 'Best Fans' - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards' Lang Among CHL's "Best of the Best" - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 Best of the Best Poll Results Announced - CHL
- Cutthroats Score Big in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Denver Cutthroats
- Shots from the Point for March 15, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rapid City Rush Stories
- Rush, ECHL, Announces Third Wave of 2020-21 Season Schedule, Conference Alignment
- Rush Clear Six New Players for Weekend against Tulsa
- Rush Formally Introduce "RushÃ¢ÂÂ to His Veteran Partner
- Rush Comeback Falls Short in Series Finale
- Allen Forces Rubber Match with Game Two Win