Blaze Receive Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll
The Bloomington Blaze, fueled by Mid-Illini Credit Union, have received 10 rankings in the Central Hockey League's annual Best of the Best poll of league personnel.
Leading the Blaze in the rankings is Jon Booras, who was ranked first in the Best on the Power Play category as he leads the league with 12 power play goals. Booras was also ranked second in Most Valuable to His Team and third in the Best Overall Player and Best Playmaker categories.
Travis Granbois received second place in the voting for Most Annoying Player. Third place rankings went to the Blaze in Best Use of Social Media, Best Arena Music and Best Broadcaster.
Each of the 10 Central Hockey League teams submitted a ballot ranking the top three in 50 categories. The complete list is attached.
The Blaze face an important weekend in their push for the final CHL playoff berth, beginning with a crucial matchup with one of the teams they're chasing, the Quad City Mallards, tonight in Moline. The Blaze then host the Denver Cutthroats on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday at 4:05 p.m. The Blaze will wear special jerseys on Saturday promoting disability awareness, and those jerseys will be auctioned immediately after the game. The first 1,000 youngsters age 12 and under will receive a Blaze youth jersey compliments of Country Financial.
Sunday's game is a Casey's 8 Gallons Day with $8 admission with a voucher for each eight gallons of gasoline purchased at area Casey's General Stores. A copy of the voucher can also be saved and printed from www.bloomingtonblaze.com.
The Junior Blaze are also in action as they conclude their regular season at 3 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday against the Rhinelander Street Cats before the Blaze CHL games. Admission to the Junior Blaze games is included in the Blaze ticket.
For single-game tickets, visit the U.S. Cellular Coliseum box office or call 309-434-2679. For group discounts and more information on the Blaze and Bloomington Edge indoor football, call 309-TC SPORT (827-7678). Information can also be found on Facebook and Twitter (BLMBlaze).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2013
- Rush Secure Fourth-Consecutive Trip to Postseason Despite 4-2 Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Powers Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards, Genesis Team up to Raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Come Back for 4-2 Win over Cutthroats - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cutthroats Fall to Mavericks in 4-2 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Drop Bloomington 5-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Edge Charge Back But Drop Season Opener - Bloomington Blaze
- Late Tiebreaker Pushes Mallards Past Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Prepare for Home Stretch, Take on Sundogs this Weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Connor Equipment Manager of the Year Runner-Up - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Eric Meland - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fedorowich Receives Top Honor as Trainer of the Year - Arizona Sundogs
- Three-Peat: Romeo Vivit Earns Third Consecutive Equipment Manager of the Year Award - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Announces Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager of the Year - CHL
- Fans Experience Allen Americans Hockey at New Level - Allen Americans
- Oilers Recognized in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Well in the Best of the Best Awards - Allen Americans
- Blaze Receive Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Shine in CHL's 'Best of the Best' Poll - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Rank Near Top of Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Named 13 Times in CHL's Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Rush Faithful Defend Title of 'Best Fans' - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards' Lang Among CHL's "Best of the Best" - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 Best of the Best Poll Results Announced - CHL
- Cutthroats Score Big in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Denver Cutthroats
- Shots from the Point for March 15, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.