Mallards, Genesis Team up to Raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation
MOLINE, Ill. - The Quad City Mallards tonight partnered with the Genesis Health Services Foundation to raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation through a game-worn jersey auction after the Mallards' game against the Bloomington Blaze at the i wireless Center.
The special edition St. Patrick's Day jerseys the Mallards wore in their game against the Blaze tonight went up for bid in a live auction immediately following the contest. The highest bidding was for an added attraction, the throwback jersey of former Mallard great Glenn Stewart, which was auctioned off for $2,000. Of the jerseys worn by the current Mallards, Mickey Lang's drew a high bid of $1,900. Proceeds from this evening's auction will go toward the purchase of new equipment for brain and spinal cord injury patients.
" As always, the loyal Mallards fans opened up their wallets and their hearts to support their team, while also supporting Genesis,'' said Ken Croken, vice president of corporate communications, Genesis Health System. " The jersey auction proceeds will help Genesis treat patients with brain and spinal cord injuries. The support of Mallards fans is appreciated and humbling .''
Over the last 18 years, Mallards jersey auctions have raised over $700,000 to benefit Genesis Health System charities. This year alone, two auctions- tonight's and a January 18 retro jersey auction which raised $21,500- have combined to bring in $46,100.
The Mallards next play on the road tomorrow night against the Missouri Mavericks before returning home for a rematch with the Mavericks Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. Sunday is a Family Skate Day presented by Genesis Health System. Fans can bring their skates and join the Mallards on the ice after the game. After Sunday's contest, fans will also have a chance to meet all of their favorite Mallards at a post-game event at the Doc's Inn Bar & Grill. The Doc's Inn is located at 985 Avenue of the Cities in Silvis.
Tickets for Sunday's game- as well as seats for all remaining Mallards regular season home games- can be purchased in person at the i wireless Center ticket office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2013
- Rush Secure Fourth-Consecutive Trip to Postseason Despite 4-2 Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Second Period Powers Oilers Past Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards, Genesis Team up to Raise $24,600 for Genesis Outpatient Rehabilitation - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Come Back for 4-2 Win over Cutthroats - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cutthroats Fall to Mavericks in 4-2 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Drop Bloomington 5-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Edge Charge Back But Drop Season Opener - Bloomington Blaze
- Late Tiebreaker Pushes Mallards Past Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Prepare for Home Stretch, Take on Sundogs this Weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Connor Equipment Manager of the Year Runner-Up - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Eric Meland - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fedorowich Receives Top Honor as Trainer of the Year - Arizona Sundogs
- Three-Peat: Romeo Vivit Earns Third Consecutive Equipment Manager of the Year Award - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Announces Athletic Trainer, Equipment Manager of the Year - CHL
- Fans Experience Allen Americans Hockey at New Level - Allen Americans
- Oilers Recognized in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Well in the Best of the Best Awards - Allen Americans
- Blaze Receive Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Shine in CHL's 'Best of the Best' Poll - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Rank Near Top of Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Named 13 Times in CHL's Best of the Best Poll - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Rush Faithful Defend Title of 'Best Fans' - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards' Lang Among CHL's "Best of the Best" - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 Best of the Best Poll Results Announced - CHL
- Cutthroats Score Big in CHL's Annual "Best of the Best" Poll - Denver Cutthroats
- Shots from the Point for March 15, 2013 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings