TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly
Texas Stars Weekly Release Stars Return Home for Three Games this Week
Last week's record: 0-2-1-0 Overall record: 2-2-1-0
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars return from the West Coast for a three-game homestand where they will face the San Antonio Rampage and Ontario Reign.
-- THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE -- October 25, 2016 vs. San Antonio Rampage at 7:30 p.m. CST: Tuesday's game kicks off the 2016-17 edition of the I-35 Rivalry between the Texas Stars and San Antonio Rampage. The Stars and Rampage will square off 14 total times this season. Over the past two years, in their last 26 meetings, the Stars and Rampage are split down the middle with 13 wins each. Both clubs also split a pair of preseason meetings prior to the start of the 2016-17 regular season.
October 28 at 7:30 p.m. CST and October 29 at 7 p.m. CST vs. Ontario Reign: The Stars will play a back-to-back set of games against the Ontario Reign on Friday and Saturday as the Reign make their first trip of the season to Cedar Park. Texas rallied, but ultimately fell to Ontario 6-5 during overtime in the two teams' first matchup of the season last week. Stars defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk (1-23) and Reign defenseman Vincent LoVerde (2-13) led all skaters during the contest with three points on the night.
-- LAST WEEK'S RESULTS -- October 19, 2016 at Stockton Heat, 5-1 Loss:
The Stockton Heat scored three goals in the opening eight minutes of the game as the Texas Stars lost by a 5-1 final on Wednesday night at Stockton Arena. It was the first loss of the season for the Stars and the start of a three-game road trip on the West Coast. Austin Fyten scored his first career Texas goal in his first appearance of the season. Phil Desrosiers made his season debut and stopped 22 of 24 shots in net for the Stars after relieving Maxime Lagace.
October 21, 2016 at Ontario Reign, 6-5 Overtime Loss:
The Texas Stars rallied from a 4-1 deficit to force overtime and pick up a road point in a 6-5 overtime loss to the Ontario Reign on Friday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Travis Morin knotted the game with just under eight minutes to play in the third after Cole Ully pulled the Stars within one earlier in the frame. Jonny Brodzinski scored the overtime-winner for the Reign.
October 22, 2016 at San Diego Gulls, 5-4 Loss:
The Texas Stars scored three goals in the opening 10 minutes of the third to take the lead, but the San Diego Gulls answered back with two goals 24 seconds apart in a 5-4 finish on Saturday night at Valley View Casino Center. Cole Ully, Remi Elie and Brandon DeFazio each scored for the Stars in the third to take the one-goal edge, but Antoine Laganiere and Stu Bickel struck the quick goals for the Gulls to pull out the win. Phil Desrosiers stopped 33 shots in his first start of the season.
-- PRACTICE/TRAVEL SCHEDULE -- Monday: Practice, 10 a.m. CST Tuesday: Texas Stars vs. San Antonio Rampage, 7:30 p.m. CST Wednesday: Practice, 10 a.m. CST Thursday: Practice, 10 a.m. CST Friday: Texas Stars vs. Ontario Reign, 7:30 p.m. CST Saturday: Texas Stars vs. Ontario Reign, 7 p.m. CST Sunday: Day Off
-- NEWS, NOTES AND UPCOMING MILESTONES -- Jason Dickinson was assigned to the Texas Stars on Sunday from Dallas. Among AHL rookies last season, the former first-round pick was fourth in goals (22) and seventh in points (53). He also led the Stars last year with four game-winning goals and three shorthanded tallies. Dustin Stevenson appeared in the 100th game of his AHL career Wednesday at Stockton. Andrew Bodnarchuk tallied the 150th point of his pro career with a goal on Friday at Ontario.
-- UPCOMING PROMOTIONS -- Tuesday's matchup is the Stars' first H-E-B Night of the season where fans can donate an H-E-B-branded, non-perishable food item at the box office for $5 off their ticket purchase.
Friday's game is Heroes & Villains Night with the Stars. Kids, 12 and under, in costume get a free ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket to the game. It is also a Hat Trick Friday with $3 specials on beer and soft drinks, and $4 specials on Robert Mondavi Private Selection Wine.
Saturday's game features a Stars Glow-In-The-Dark t-shirt giveaway for fans that arrive early. Saturday is also a Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night where the first Stars player to score wins free scratch-off tickets for a lucky row of seats at H-E-B Center. Fans can also enjoy Coke Zero Family Four-Packs on Saturday with four tickets, four hot dogs and four soft drinks starting at just $16 per person.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and are currently in their eighth season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Full season, 24-game, 12-game and six-game ticket packages for the 2016-17 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- STARS Dallas Stars Release 2019-20 Training Camp Roster and Schedule
- Stars and Moose Announce Game Time Change
- 2019-20 Stars Promotional Schedule Announced
- Texas Stars Forward Travis Morin Announces Retirement, Joins Front Office
- Stars Announce Preseason Schedule with Rampage