Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016
* TODAY'S STORYLINES
The Streak Lives: The Albany Devils are the only unbeaten team remaining after the first two weeks of the American Hockey League season. Coming off back-to-back victories during opening weekend, the Devils went three-for-three during their three-game weekend.
The Devils downed the Binghamton Senators, 3-2, Friday in a shootout and then beat the Utica Comets, 3-2, Saturday. During their only road game of the set, Albany prevailed against the Providence Bruins, 4-3, Sunday in overtime. Albany used all three goaltenders during the weekend: Ken Appleby Friday, Scott Wedgewood Saturday and Mackenzie Blackwood Sunday
READ: Devils remain perfect after three win weekend VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Devils vs. Senators Highlights & Postgame reaction VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Devils vs. Comets Highlights & Postgame reaction
Pie To The Face: Playing in his first career contest, Jan Mandat netted the game-winning goal late in the third period in the Devils win against Utica Saturday. After being named the game's First Star, Mandat participated in an on-the-ice interview and was sneak attacked by Joe Blandisi with a shaving-cream pie to the face.
"You could see the excitement in him," Blandisi told the Times Union's Pete Dougherty after the game. "He was excited to get in a game, and then he scores the game-winning goal on a beautiful play."
VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Jan Mandat gets a face full of shaving cream
Devils Launch Food Drive: For the seventh consecutive season, the Devils have partnered with Price Chopper to host a Thanksgiving Food Drive leading up to the November holiday. During the Devils' home games on Oct. 28, 29 and Nov. 11 and 12 fans are encouraged to donate a nonperishable food item to help benefit the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York.
* UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Tuesday: Practice at Knickerbacker (10:00 am) Wednesday: Morning skate at Mohegan Sun Arena (11:15 am); Devils vs. Penguins (7:05 pm) Thursday: Practice at Knickerbacker (10:00 am) Friday: Morning skate at Times Union Center (10 am); Devils vs. Marlies (7:00 pm) Saturday: Devils vs. Marlies (5:00 pm)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.