TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has recalled forward Justin Dowling from the Texas Stars, Dallas' top development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Dowling, 26, currently shares second in the AHL and leads the Texas Stars with eight points (2-68) in five games this season. The forward also ranks second in the League and paces Texas with six assists, while his four power play points (0-44) are tied for third in the AHL. The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Cochrane, Alta. was undrafted and signed with Dallas as a free agent on March 26, 2014
The Texas Stars also announced they have recalled forward Caleb Herbert from their ECHL affiliate, the Idaho Steelheads.
Herbert, 25, competed with the Texas Stars in training camp prior to the start of the season. The 6-foot, 200-pound forward has appeared in four ECHL games this season with a goal and three assists. The Bloomington, Minn. native has played in 45 AHL games in his career, all with the Hershey Bears.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and are currently playing their eighth season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Full season, 24-game, 12-game and six-game ticket packages for the 2016-17 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.