Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016
ROSLOVIC LEADING THE WAY: 19-year old Jack Roslovic is enjoying a strong offensive start to his professional career. The rookie leads the Moose with six points (2G, 4A) in his first six games. That mark has him tied for seventh in league scoring and tied for first among AHL rookies. Roslovic has three multi-point games on the season, picking up two points in back-to-back games this week.
THE ASSIST LIST: Andrew Copp is tied with Roslovic for the team lead with four assists on the season. That number is tied for eighth in the AHL this season. Copp is the only player on the Moose to have an assist at even strength, on the powerplay and shorthanded. He posted six assists in 77 games with the Jets last season.
NEW FOE: The Moose face the San Diego Gulls for the first time ever this weekend when the teams matchup at the MTS Centre this weekend. San Diego joined the AHL last season, but the teams didn't cross paths until this week.
WHICH DIVISION?: Based on their recent and upcoming competition, it might be difficult to tell the Moose play in the Central Division. Nine of Manitoba's first 15 games and seven of their next nine come against Pacific Division opponents. The bulk of those games come in a five game road swing that has the team in San Diego, Bakersfield and Tucson from Nov. 11 to Nov. 19. The Moose are 1-1-0-0 against the Pacific so far.
ROSTER MOVE: The Moose brought their roster down to 28 players last week when the club assigned forward Jiri Fronk to the Tulsa Oilers (ECHL). Fronk played 33 games with the Moose last season, totaling eight points (6G, 2A). He also suited up for five games in Tulsa, registering a goal and an assist.
MOOSE COMPLETE BUSY WEEK The Manitoba Moose battled through a busy week which saw the team play four games in six nights, starting with a home series against the Bakersfield Condors and wrapping up in Toronto against the Marlies (Photo: Darcy Finley) Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016: Bakersfield 4 at Manitoba 1 The Moose opened their home schedule on Tuesday against the Bakersfield Condors. The teams traded goals in the first period before the Condors built a two goal advantage in the second. Manitoba couldn't cut into the lead and an empty netter sealed the 4-1 game for the Condors. Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016: Bakersfield 4 at Manitoba 5 Again the teams swapped markers in the first to get the game started. The second period had the Moose in front on a Scott Kosmachuk goal, but Bakersfield bounced back with a pair to take a 3-2 lead into the third. The Moose scored three unanswered in the final frame and Nic Petan's empty netter ended up the game winner in the 5-4 win. Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016: Manitoba 2 at Toronto 4 It was another tight contest for the Moose in their first meeting with the Marlies. Toronto jumped out to a 2-0 lead before Nic Petan and Kevin Czuczman scored powerplay goals to get Manitoba back in it. Before the second period was out, Byron Froese put Toronto ahead 3-2. His second goal of the night into an empty net closed out a 4-2 Marlies win. Sunday, Oct. 23, 2016: Manitoba 0 at Toronto 4 A 3:12 span in the second period was the undoing for the Moose on Sunday. With Toronto leading 1-0, the home side blitzed for three goals in quick succession. Despite stopping the run, the Moose couldn't find a way past Marlies goaltender Antoine Bibeau as Toronto grabbed the 4-0 victory. [cid:image026.jpg
vs. San Diego Gulls, Friday, Oct. 28 (7 p.m. CT) vs. San Diego Gulls, Saturday, Oct. 29 (7 p.m. CT) The Moose face off against the San Diego Gulls for the very first time this weekend when they host the Anaheim Ducks' affiliate at the MTS Centre. Tickets for the pair of 7 p.m. games are available at moosehockey.com/tickets. Friday's game is Student Night with a $20 ticket/beverage voucher package for post-secondary students. For more details visit moosehockey.com. Saturday night marks the season's first Manitoba Moose Autograph Alley which takes place in the concourse immediately following the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.