Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen
SAN ANTONIO (Oct. 24, 2016) - The Colorado Avalanche announced today that forward Mikko Rantanen has been recalled from the San Antonio Rampage. Additionally, the San Antonio Rampage have recalled Shawn Ouellette-St. Amant from the Colorado Eagles (ECHL).
Rantanen, 19, has recorded two assists in four games with the Rampage this season. The 6-4, 211-pound forward led the Rampage in goals (24), assists (36), and points (60) for the 2015-16 season and set rookie franchise records in all three categories, landing him in a tie with Providence's Frank Vatrano for the AHL's outstanding rookie of the year.
Ouellette-St. Amant, 20, has appeared in two contests with the Eagles, but has yet to skate in-game with the Rampage during the 2016-17 campaign. Ouellette-St. Amant spent the last three years playing in the QMJHL with the Val-d'Or Foreurs, helping lead them to a President's Cup during the 2013-14 season and serving as the Alternate Captain during the 2015-16 season. He tallied 113 points total (46g/67a) in 194 games played.
The San Antonio Rampage travel north on I-35 for a Tuesday night contest against the Texas Stars on Oct. 25. Puck drop is set for 7:30 p.m. in the HEB Center at Cedar Park. Individual and season tickets are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at sarampage.com. The 2016-17 season is presented by Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids