Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets
Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Jayson Megna and defenceman Troy Stecher from the AHL Utica Comets.
Megna, 26, has appeared in four games with Utica this season where he currently ranks tied for fourth on the team in scoring (1-2-3). The 6-1, 192-pound forward split the 2015.16 season between the New York Rangers and the AHL Hartford Wolf Pack. In six games with the Rangers, Megna tallied one goal and one assist (1-1-2) along with two penalty minutes. In 68 games with Hartford, he finished tied for third on the team in goals (15), tied for first in assists (29) and second in points (44). His totals on the year in games played, assists and points were all AHL career-highs.
A native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Megna was originally signed by Pittsburgh as a free agent on August 1, 2012.
Stecher, 22, has registered an assist (0-1-1) along with four penalty minutes in four games with the Comets this season. In 2015.16, the 5-11, 191-pound defenceman completed his junior season with the University of North Dakota, helping the Fighting Hawks to their eighth NCAA Championship while being named to the All-Tournament Team. A Second Team West All-American, Stecher also led the Fighting Hawks defencemen in goals (8), assists (21), and points (29).
A native of Richmond, British Columbia, Stecher was signed by Vancouver as a free agent on April 13, 2016.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2016
- History Is Made at Ontario Reign Game with First-Ever Father-Son - Ontario Reign
- RAMPAGE WEEKLY UPDATE- October 24 - San Antonio Rampage
- Avalanche Recalls Mikko Rantanen - San Antonio Rampage
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Dallas Stars Recall Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Canucks Recall Jayson Megna and Troy Stecher from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Week 2 Recap: Three Games, Three Straight Wins for Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Ricoh Rock Report #2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Bernier Agrees to One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- Ottawa Senators Assign Phil Varone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 24-30 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Today -- October 24, 2016 - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - October 24, 2016 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks, University of Rochester Partner to Offer Employee Discount - Rochester Americans
- Ontario Reign Weekly: Reign Travel to Texas to Open a Five-Game Road - Ontario Reign
- St. John's Forward Sven Andrighetto Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - St. John's IceCaps
- TEXAS STARS MEDIA RELEASE - Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch to Participate in Wednesday Walk October 26 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.