Tahjere McCall Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets
LONG ISLAND - Long Island Nets guard Tahjere McCall has signed a 10-day contract with the Brooklyn Nets. The call-up is the fifth in Long Island Nets history and the second for the team this season, joining Mitch Creek.
McCall (6'5", 190) has appeared in 23 games for Long Island this season, recording averages of 10.0 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 steals in 25.3 minutes per game. The 24-year-old also spent last season with Long Island, appearing in 37 games and registering averages of 9.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.8 steals in 28.2 minutes per contest.
Prior to beginning his professional career, McCall spent two years at Niagara University (2012-14) and two years at Tennessee State (2015-17). In his final two collegiate seasons at Tennessee State, McCall earned Ohio Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year accolades and First Team All-OVC honors in both seasons.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2019
- Charge Continue to Roll with Win over Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Sumner Scores 34 as Mad Ants Fall to Charge in Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Hearn Hits Unreal Buzzer-Beater in Team USA Finale - Stockton Kings
- Tonight's Windy City Bulls Game Postponed - Windy City Bulls
- Tonight's Game Postponed Until Tomorrow - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Swarm, Allegacy Team up for Theme Jersey Night - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Reactivates Xavier Munford, Waives Andre Spight - Wisconsin Herd
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks Waive Parker Jackson-Cartwright - Westchester Knicks
- Tahjere McCall Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Canton Charge to Honor Area Military Heroes - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Stephen Zimmerman and USA Qualify for World Cup - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Defeat Wolves in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Guards Shine in Overtime Loss to Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory