Swarm, Allegacy Team up for Theme Jersey Night
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, has partnered with Allegacy Federal Credit Union for a theme jersey night on Saturday, March 2, against the Long Island Nets. Funds raised from the sale of the game-worn themed jerseys will benefit BackPack Beginnings.
"We are elated to again work with Allegacy Federal Credit Union for the third season in a row for our theme jersey promotion," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "Allegacy continues to play an enormous part in supporting our local community through their involvement with multiple nonprofits in the Triad. We are looking forward to another special night with Allegacy to benefit BackPack Beginnings at the Fieldhouse."
The theme jersey reflects BackPack Beginnings' commitment to the community, especially with children in need of food, clothing and nurturing. The all-black design includes a backpack and pair of cargo shorts with the BackPack Beginnings logo. Fans can purchase a jersey via silent auction during the game, with winners recognized in a special postgame presentation with players on the court.
"We are honored to work alongside the Swarm to engage and recognize the hard work of BackPack Beginnings," said Chrystal Parnell, Allegacy Senior Vice President, Marketing. "Allegacy is dedicated to the community it serves contributing nearly $350,000 last year to local organizations that focus on food insecurity, education support and promoting health care. Our employees also embody our continuing commitment to our community, completing almost 6,000 hours of volunteer time to area non-profits."
BackPack Beginnings helps over 7,000 children experiencing hunger and trauma in the community. They serve children in need in 52 Guilford County Schools and 22 Child Assistance Organizations in Guilford, Forsyth and Alamance Counties. Through several programs, BackPack Beginnings makes a positive impact on the health and well-being of the children in the community.
Fans are encouraged to support BackPack Beginnings by bringing items to donate to the Fieldhouse. To support its programs, BackPack Beginnings is in need of canned soups, canned proteins, healthy snacks and breakfast items. Donations bins will be at the main entrance of the Fieldhouse.
Images from this story
Greensboro Swarm BackPack Beginnings uniforms
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2019
- Charge Continue to Roll with Win over Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Sumner Scores 34 as Mad Ants Fall to Charge in Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Reggie Hearn Hits Unreal Buzzer-Beater in Team USA Finale - Stockton Kings
- Tonight's Windy City Bulls Game Postponed - Windy City Bulls
- Tonight's Game Postponed Until Tomorrow - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Swarm, Allegacy Team up for Theme Jersey Night - Greensboro Swarm
- Herd Reactivates Xavier Munford, Waives Andre Spight - Wisconsin Herd
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Westchester Knicks Waive Parker Jackson-Cartwright - Westchester Knicks
- Tahjere McCall Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Canton Charge to Honor Area Military Heroes - Canton Charge
- Knicks' Stephen Zimmerman and USA Qualify for World Cup - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Defeat Wolves in Overtime - Salt Lake City Stars
- Guards Shine in Overtime Loss to Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Hornets to Play 76ers in Preseason Game at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, NC, on October 11
- Hornets Announce Roster for MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2019
- Swarm Announce Early Access Home Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Swarm Dispatch Legends in Sold out Season Finale
- Swarm Falter to Fort Wayne Mad Ants